Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now my Zymol's all used up (the green smelly concentrate from Halfrauds ~?5 a bottle) - what do i use next that's kind to my Swissol wax?

I've got a gallon bottle of Turtle Wash&Wax which i've been using along with the Zymol in the same bucket, and want to use that up but i could use it on the Mrs' furby i guess.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Make sure you use one with PTFE polymers in...lol lol lol

Id say any ph balanced one should be o.k with the swisssol stuff..

Maybe gold class???

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
foxy, i use meguiars gold class wash without any problems on my Swissol Onyx waxed cars. ?5 for 450ml I think, or a larger bottle @ ?15. Discount available with free shipping on www.cleanandshiny.co.uk

I am sure the Xymol wash will be wax friendly as well, but best to read the verb on the bottle.

If you wanted to spend the extra, you could of course get the Swissol Car bath from John, ?19 for 250ml or ?34 for 500ml, or the zymol alternative (car bath, not wash).

Although good on its own, i would not use the turtle wax wash and wax on your swissol'd MKV, I would save that for use on your mrs car, as it is more likely to strip the wax IMO.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had good results with the Zymol - it's allegedly kind to paint and way - made from natural stuff (how technical, eh!?) - and it's available in the high street.

I'll have a look at that website and see if the Megs is reasonable value......the Zymol is super concentrate so the small bottle lasted ages.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You could try clearkote hand glaze from "Seriousperformance.co.uk" with 10% discount [;)]

I swear by this stuff before application of a more serious wax.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Get yourself in to halfrauds in chaville & get some zymol, then order some NXT off tin'ta'net, when you've got both mix them together.

'Now thats a quality shine' you'll be thinking after [^]

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I continue to use the Halfords Zymol Shampoo with my Swissol Shield Wax (I just lurve that PTFE[:D]), it seems fine. I bought a Swissol kit from John Wintle which included some shampoo - John advised I should use the Zymol until it ran out, so presumably the Swissol shampoo in the kit is similar stuff.

I do like the Zymol shampoo, it gives good results.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 26/01/2005 09:49:03

Get yourself in to halfrauds in chaville & get some zymol, then order some NXT off tin'ta'net, when you've got both mix them together.

I can vouch for this, I tried this mix before I flew out, and it does work.

Apple and Blackcurrent (NXT) mixed with Bananas - you just need to find some crumble and custard to finish it off [:)]

·
Registered
689 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 26/01/2005 09:49:03

Is that NXT car wash? Havent seen that

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
There's a product called 'Poor Boys', which I am dying to try out once I finish up my Zymol car wash..

In the summer I bought a bottle of Meguiars Gold Class shampoo.. I found it stripped off the wax (Zymol Titanium Carnuaba dogs danglies wax) from my car alot quicker than Zymol's own, and the water beading effect wasn't as apparent when compared to Zymol's own too.

Still I'd give it 7/10

I've been using Zymol car wash for over a year now, and I still find it gives the great water beading results and the best shine. It doesn't seem to strip off the wax as quickly too, which is handy

I'd give it 8.5/10 [^]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by oxford on 26/01/2005 10:01:40

Oh no, not Jace and his "bling" juice again [:)]

I've got some special juice but its only for the ladies [;)][:p]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 26/01/2005 14:03:38

Quote: posted by oxford on 26/01/2005 10:01:40

Oh no, not Jace and his "bling" juice again [:)]

I've got some special juice but its only for the ladies [;)][:p]

Eww but 'Ooooohh matron' ! lol [:)]

·
Registered
437 Posts
Johnsons Baby Shampoo.

Someone on here mentioned it a long time ago - can't remember who.

My car is Zymol'd every 6 months and washed approx. every 2 week.

Baby Shampoo doesn't seem to strip the wax at all and lathers up nicely.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Marc, BTW it's ?12.99 not ?19.99......

Any pH bananced shapoo should be fine, just be carful though with some of the shampoos on the market as they do strip the wax from the cars. Don't bother with the wash 'n' wax ones either....or the ones with the PTFE additive in them, as the sponge will just fall straight off the car, or skip out of your hand! LOL!

John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts