Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've just applied this to a couple of areas to some 13 year old paint and all I can say is wow!

I thought Zym?l Titanium was good but this stuff makes my aging Mk2s look like new quite literally!

I know I "should" expect great results for ?145 but I am utterly amazed can't wait to rub some into my G60 which is already nearly perfect![:|]... I hope this weekend has good weather 'cos I know what I'll be doing!!!![li][au]

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
187 Posts
WOW! I want some now Roy.... can I have a micron of the stuff to try out?....

Well as far as the weather is concerned, its looking good for a major polishing sesh this weekend with temperatures up into the mid to high 20's! [:D]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Looks good [Y]

If i had the money, I would no doubt waste it invest in some concours wax.

Out of interest, any reason why you got the Zymol concours and not Swissol ?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
don't you think ?145 is a little OTT?
I don't think so. He has well over ?20k worth of cars and has purchased some wax, that with regular application, will protect the paint of each car for 2/3 years, the cost of which is less than 1% of his investment.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm getting the Swissol Concours wax soon so i'll post so pics up to compare once it's done.

I don't think that is too much money to spend on wax if you want to keep your cars pristine, the investment will pay for itself in years to come!![:D]

Sorry forgot to post, That looks awesome Royster, i would be pleased with that finish too!!!!!!

Have you got any pics of the whole car so i can see how good it looks???

·
Registered
100 Posts
I recently purchased some Zymol Titanium and although it's a pain to
apply (especially with our weather) the finish is excellent and the
protective qualities superb. Each subsequent wash is a breeze as the
dirt just falls off. Bird dropping do not penetrate and mark the
paintwork. I am throughly impressed.

I've had a better shine from Megs Gold but this is probably because it's so much easier to apply that I put more on.

I've currently got two coats of Titanium on and hope to add to this over the next few weekends to build up a better shine.

Well worth the money.

/2p

·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ carlos: OTT? Nah I was bored[G]

@ 02 Bora: No reason, just I like Zym?l and was recommended it a couple of years ago and after these results I think they'll be hard to beat[&] and certainly won't be changing anytime soon. SO I might be able to get some good phots this weekend

Zym?l Ti was a little hard to apply in cold conditions but really goes on nice all other times whereas the concours went on like butter and buffed off in the same manner!

@Wayne: Up yours![:mad:][pi] I'll swap you a splodge for your entire stock of Ti?!

·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Soz buddy! I will get some decent weekend pics. As I only have pre-wax pics at the mo.[:$]

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
I recently purchased some Zymol Titanium and although it's a pain to
apply (especially with our weather) the finish is excellent and the
protective qualities superb. Each subsequent wash is a breeze as the
dirt just falls off. Bird dropping do not penetrate and mark the
paintwork. I am throughly impressed.

I've had a better shine from Megs Gold but this is probably because it's so much easier to apply that I put more on.

I've currently got two coats of Titanium on and hope to add to this over the next few weekends to build up a better shine.

Well worth the money.

/2p
Just like to add my experiences. I've now finished my Zymol
Titanium (lasted for 2 years! so good value for sure), and have just
bought some P21s Carnuba (?20-25/tub).

The shine is pretty much the same as Titanium, but the application and
removal of P21s is 100 times easier!! No more waiting till
it's hot outside, no more rubbing in between palms etc.. It
just rubs on, and glides off. No fuss.

Because it's easier, u can do atleast 2 or 3 coats (p21s) in the same time it takes for u to do 1 coat of Titanium!

Oh, but Roy those panels do look rather shiney!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
From someone who uses Swissol I honestly believe you can see with your own eyes the results of a car which has been protected with expensive stuff compared to Turtle Wax or something.

Even though my car is black it still has crystal clear paint which reflects and shines like a car which has just come out of a showroom. I put that result down to claying, using a good cleaner fluid and keeping that fresh paint look protected by having layers of Swissol Shield on it.

It might sound crazy to some people spending so much on wax but you DO see the difference and these tubs generally last for years not a few applications.

·
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ Jase: Sounds like you're describing the Zym?l Concours there too![au]

@ Wayne: Oh go on then you can try a bit seeing as it was your birthday t'other day[<:eek:)][^]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
From someone who uses Swissol I honestly believe you can see with your own eyes the results of a car which has been protected with expensive stuff compared to Turtle Wax or something.

Even though my car is black it still has crystal clear paint which reflects and shines like a car which has just come out of a showroom. I put that result down to claying, using a good cleaner fluid and keeping that fresh paint look protected by having layers of Swissol Shield on it.

It might sound crazy to some people spending so much on wax but you DO see the difference and these tubs generally last for years not a few applications.
Yes the clay and wax help add to the shine, but you do have a new car with a thick layer of clearcote which is why it shines so well, results are easy to achieve using even poor products. Give it a few years and you will find it more difficult. ;)

As already said, Royster does have a heap of cars so the 145 pounds if used on them all is not so bad. The shine on that 14 year old paint is pretty impressive. I am sure on closer inspection the swirl marks are more visable Royster?

Sky is the limit with most things really. I will be sticking to the mid ranged products (poorboys, clearkote, P21S) on my current car and my future ones (bring on the Mk5 GTI). - I really dont think the difference is that great. - from crap to mid the gap is massive!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Yeh but Oxford if you'd collected a new black car from the garage 14 months ago (which is what I did), slapped a bit of turtle wax on it 10 quid job and never went near it with clay, cleanser and some decent wax...I don't think that clear shine would be as good. All too often I've seen black cars with a hazy shine to the paint which almost looks like a charcoal grey not in this case, ebony black.

I do agree that you can get good results from mid range stuff but I think when the higher end stuff is so good and the price difference might only be 50 quid it can be worth it.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Fully agree with you mate, it would start to show its age indeed. Like
you I would keep her waxed up :) - I was not saying you were doing the
wrong thing, just that newer cars are easier to maintain!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Yeh but Oxford if you'd collected a new black car from the garage 14 months ago (which is what I did), slapped a bit of turtle wax on it 10 quid job and never went near it with clay, cleanser and some decent wax...I don't think that clear shine would be as good. All too often I've seen black cars with a hazy shine to the paint which almost looks like a charcoal grey not in this case, ebony black.

I do agree that you can get good results from mid range stuff but I think when the higher end stuff is so good and the price difference might only be 50 quid it can be worth it.
I've had mine since new & have used nothing less than Megs, which I now only use on her car, current fav combo is Clearkote glaze & carn followed by some pinnicle wax.[H]

IMO, Zymol is very over rated & over priced, apart from their shampoo, which tastes smells great [+o(]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts