Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another day dreaming thread [:D]

You've got around ?75k to spend on a sports car, out of the following
(I'm guessing these'll be the popular ones over the next 3 years) which would you choose?
(Click on picture for more images/gallery)

Aston Martin AMV8 Vantage (380Bhp V8)

Posted Image

Audi R9 Quattro (420Bhp V8 ~ 500?Bhp V10)

Posted Image

BMW M6 (507Bhp V10)

Posted Image

Jaguar XK (400Bhp V8 SC)

Posted Image

Porsche 911 GT3 (380Bhp 6)

Posted Image

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'd have a ?30k aeriel atom, a ?5k flat bed trailer and a Range Rover to tow it. You'll have to be nice to me to trailer your Astons when they break down on the way back from the track days.

Before you knock me, I love Astons....but they are not renowned for their reliability.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The Audi for me, I love the looks of the prototype and apparently the production model is going to be exactly the same.  Plus there would be a bit of change out of 75k by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'd have a ?30k aeriel atom, a ?5k flat bed trailer and a Range Rover to tow it. You'll have to be nice to me to trailer your Astons when they break down on the way back from the track days.

Before you knock me, I love Astons....but they are not renowned for their reliability.
Lol! Someone with the same train of thought as me!

·
Registered
225 Posts
A bit like an Alfa - Sounds nice, looks nice and quick but still not reliable or properly sorted.

911s have been spot on for years.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I thought the new Aston was going to have a normal H-gate gear box?

Re 911. They are spot on because they have been built and then developed for eleventy million years.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts