Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a Yellow car before??

Does the colour fade like the red used to go pinkish if you get my drift lol

Had a look at this the other day, looks great with a better spec than my blue one.

It's a 170 dsg mine is a 140 dsg...

Just want some opinions before i make my mind up..

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pics dont really do the car any favours, looks a lot better in the metal

Got to give him an answer today..

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good but I'd be thinking how difficult itmight be to sell on should the need arise.
I never sell my cars private, always go to dealers for trade in price.

Change my cars quite often anyway but in two minds about this one, dont really like to go with the black, silver..

Unusual colour but could i live with it lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
didnt you just get your current one about 2 months ago???

i guess if you get this one their will not be many around the same colour[H]

imagine the 170 remapped[:D]

not sure if the dsg i mean s-tronic can handle the torque though

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
didnt you just get your current one about 2 months ago???

Yes

i guess if you get this one their will not be many around the same colour[H]

Thats why i like it

imagine the 170 remapped[:D]

not sure if the dsg i mean s-tronic can handle the torque though

I think it will [:D]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Posted Image

Yummm.... Egg Custard [:D]
See this is what i mean, if i do buy i will have this every time there is a north west meet[:S][:D]

You can go off people yeah no [:D]
I know, and Jeremy Clarkson got one to the face as well [:p]

If the deals good on paper them go for it. Just ask yourself though, how many bright yellow cars do you see on the roads this time of year? Not many, which is probably why they're giving you a good deal [:p]

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Posted Image

Yummm.... Egg Custard [:D]
See this is what i mean, if i do buy i will have this every time there is a north west meet[:S][:D]

You can go off people yeah no [:D]
I know, and Jeremy Clarkson got one to the face as well [:p]

If the deals good on paper them go for it. Just ask yourself though, how many bright yellow cars do you see on the roads this time of year? Not many, which is probably why they're giving you a good deal [:p]
I know what your saying Mark, i love the colour but i also loved the white GTi didnt get one of them either.

Lovely to look at but to buy??? second thoughts lol but it does look brilliant and i like the thought of the 170 for a few ?? lol

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I had a yellow Mk2 MG ZR, I liked the colour. I had from new and sold it to get my golf a year on after to buying it sadly MG Rover went t**s up so the resale value went down a lot and being yellow didn't help, but to be honest I can't see Audi going bust in the near future so no worries there! As for the colour... it didn't fade, but in the summer months it was a very hard car to keep clean due to bugs and dirt stuck to the front of it, through winter it was just as bad but with out the bugs stuck to it. One more thing which has been said by one member, if you come to sell it at a later date you may struggle a little with it because of the colour, but if you like the colour go for it, I liked my yellow car.. but be prepared to get some stick of your mates for driving a yellow motor... didn't bother me that the car was yellow because I wanted a yellow car and it won't bother you neither but, you will just get tired of the comments mate. All points aside that is a very nice motor... So GO FOR IT! [:)]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Happy yellow car motoring!<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Tabs nicked my line, it's all about the Custard [:D]

Is it actually that pale or is it proper in your face yellow?? The latter I could live with the, the former I couldn't personally...

Mind you with what's under the bonnet, who gives a ..........

C [h]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
you thinking of changing allready?!?!?!?!?!?!? blinkin eck!!!

personally, i cant stand that colour. and i have seen yellow cars fade from when i had an ibiza.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I think it's a stunning car and would go for it if I were you!

There won't be many of them around and so will be rare, like you there will be someone who will like it when you come to sell!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Chris, it's in yeah face YELLOW lol

Mike, Love my car mate but coming from the GTi i find it a bit slow and this has got a lot more toys.

170 with a chip, sounds good to me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts