funny to drive right up my *** for about a mile on a dual carriageway
(obviously he could have overtaken)..they then overtook and cut me up
causing me to slam on the brakes and roll the car :( . They didnt stop
either.

Just started driving again about 3 months ago and often drive late at
night (9pm til 3am) due to work and have to admit, it has happened a
few times and has really shook me up. I'm not a fast driver by any
means and dont feel comfortable driving 'fast' since my crash but I'm
always trying to drive faster so they dont keep driving up my ***!

How can I deal with this? How do you lot deal with this and do you get
a lot of hassle like this in your mk4s. Please no "Just pull over and
get your wheel jack out..". lol.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Well usually I just pull over and let the stupid little _  _ _ _ _  _ (insert own rude word) overtake! I can't be dealing with them! I swear they must be blind!! I mean your sitting in a chav saxo! and your behind a car with a V64Mo badge and you want a race????

·
Registered
143 Posts
Slow down, they will eventually get bored and leave you alone. I
do this quite alot with stupid little chavs, in their stupid little
cars. If they have really wound me up, I will play with them for
a while. Driving like a granny really seems to get up their noses.

·
Registered
961 Posts
knock it into neutral and coast for a bit, as they get bored drop it in
to 2nd and let 265bhp of german engineering shut them up!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Don't do anything obvious to the car.. lowered larger OEM looking wheels etc. Save the spending on things that make it go better and drive safer.. you shouldn't even get hassled then..

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Better still buy a land rover / old range rover or any old jap 4x4 with box frame chassis with a big toe eye and brake hard so they end up with a large piece of metal in there bonnet / windscreen.

Job done

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
My mate did exactly the same but in his works transit van. The idiot behind couldnt stop and drove his car staight in to the metal step at the back of the tranny, straight through the radiator. He laughed in the van but then got out and went ballisitic when he faced the driver, haha. Naughty but rude not to

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
If they look like they might be insured brake test emmm using handbrake then theu get no brakelights.......

JOKE it is a very STOOOPID thing todo

·
Registered
243 Posts
Slow down, they will eventually get bored and leave you alone. I
do this quite alot with stupid little chavs, in their stupid little
cars. If they have really wound me up, I will play with them for
a while. Driving like a granny really seems to get up their noses.
That's generally my ploy too, can't be bothered with it, and would much
rather keep my car and licence intact than lower myself to 'chav'
levels!

·
Registered
133 Posts
An old * about 55 cut me up the other day in his 70k new
beamer. I didnt say a thing, didnt even notice it. He then
proceeded to abuse me out of his window, tried to drive into me, and
then got out of his car and offered me out 'not on a date, i
hoped'.

Whats this world coming to?? I told the old sod to calm down
defore he had a heart attack, move his * beamer. Things got quite
ugly and i had to stop myself from slapping him. Onlookers just
watched as he nearly blew up[:mad:]

whats wrong with people these days?? [8o|]

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well, being one of the greatly improving numbers of 4Mo owners to the site I do one of 2 things.

1. Simply stick to the limit no matter what they do and do everything by the book. All indications at the right times, waiting until the traffic lights actually turn green and then s elect gear and go[:O], not sticking to the boot of the car infront leaving a nice gap, etc.... Just simply doing all the boring things really
  2. Left foot braking kills them every time!!! Drive along at 30mph in a 30 limit and stay at that speed yet put on the brake lights and see them back off instantly and not come close again.

This always happened when I had the V6 4Motion badges on the car but since I de-badged my 4Mo, I never get hassles. It looks like a normal any other Golf and not worth giving the time of day to yet I have the best laugh if i let the 232bhp rip [;)]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Looking into buying a mk4 Golf and have never left a car standard so no doubt will introduce lots of changes. Thing is, I had a crash last November in which I wrote off my last car and broke my leg...have only just recovered.

This wasn't my fault...car full of chavs/boy racers thought it was funny to drive right up my *** for about a mile on a dual carriageway (obviously he could have overtaken)..they then overtook and cut me up causing me to slam on the brakes and roll the car :( . They didnt stop either.

Just started driving again about 3 months ago and often drive late at night (9pm til 3am) due to work and have to admit, it has happened a few times and has really shook me up. I'm not a fast driver by any means and dont feel comfortable driving 'fast' since my crash but I'm always trying to drive faster so they dont keep driving up my ***!

How can I deal with this? How do you lot deal with this and do you get a lot of hassle like this in your mk4s. Please no "Just pull over and get your wheel jack out..". lol.
Er, why not just slow down rather than speed up, they will overtake you when they can, easier for them if you are going slower, and just get on with it.

Sounds like you were racing with these guys when you had your bump, I cannot believe you can roll a car when you brake unless you are driving it pretty badly before you hit the brakes!

So next time just slow down a little, or just ignore them. If they hit you, its their fault cos they are behind, but if you hare off and you crash or hit someone else it will be yours.

Driving in the early hours will mean you interact with al maner of eejuts, just keep out their way as best you can is my advice, and report any real loons to the cops aswell. not that they will do much, but at least if he ends up mowing some others down, they will have a record of your report.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Since having my gti, NO-ONE tries to race me! Its quite lonely actually! I just think people know there wasting their time!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts