Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favourite PC games? Do not have to be new or anything like that, infact non of mine are, but they go a little something like this:

- Transport Tycoon
- Warcraft 2 and 3
- Command & Conquer - have enjoyed all series.

Tried to get into Doom 3 but didnt do much for me at all. Would be interested to know what others like playing though.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Doom 4 ?, Dosnt seem long since i was playing Doom3.

Its been a long time since ive played games, but some of my favourites include, Command & Conquer mainly Tiberian Sun.

Far Cry

Half Life 1 & 2

I use to have this Mercedes Truck racing game, use to love that.

Karmaggedon.

Theme Hospital [H]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doom 3, yes, thats it! [:$]

Remember Karmageddon! Never played theme hospital after reading the reviews!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Transport Tycoon Deluxe + TTDPatch - huuuuuge long trains and half decent signalling to stop the trains keep getting confused!!

Theme Hospital - bought it (I lost my pirated CD [;)]) on platinum as part of a 3 for a tenner deal from Game recently. Stupid announcements rule [:D]

The original Doom - purely because of the advances it was at the tmie in RPG. Classic. Never played Doom after Doom 2 - didn't go to the cinema either.

Simcity 2000 is a corker too - Simcity 3000 was too similar, and Simcity 4 is miles more difficult!!

Command & Conquer Renegade - used to be part of a "clan-for-fun" a while back and we've had such a nightmare on that - always with the yanks too - faster servers, less lag, and better attitudes with their guys [:)]

The original Nascar racing - Graphics were mental but when I originally bought it on my Pentium 90, couldn't use most of them [:S] Might dig that out and run it through a 1GB P4 [;)]

Probably are more that'll come to me in a bit but that's your starter...

C

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Transport Tycoon Deluxe + TTDPatch - huuuuuge long trains and half decent signalling to stop the trains keep getting confused!!

Theme Hospital - bought it (I lost my pirated CD [;)]) on platinum as part of a 3 for a tenner deal from Game recently. Stupid announcements rule [:D]

The original Doom - purely because of the advances it was at the tmie in RPG. Classic. Never played Doom after Doom 2 - didn't go to the cinema either.

Simcity 2000 is a corker too - Simcity 3000 was too similar, and Simcity 4 is miles more difficult!!

Command & Conquer Renegade - used to be part of a "clan-for-fun" a while back and we've had such a nightmare on that - always with the yanks too - faster servers, less lag, and better attitudes with their guys [:)]

The original Nascar racing - Graphics were mental but when I originally bought it on my Pentium 90, couldn't use most of them [:S] Might dig that out and run it through a 1GB P4 [;)]

Probably are more that'll come to me in a bit but that's your starter...

C
I been playing TTD with deluxe patch across the interweb recently against my mate who I used to play it 'against' in school. We never hooked the computers up as they were running windows 3.1. Was excellent with the huge trains and big BIG stations!!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Dude, can you interweb it now?? I thought it was only local crap. Christ I've missed a trick there and haven't been paying attention [:)]

Fancy a crack at some point??

C

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Worms [H]

Aliens VS Predator , although it was a toughie.

Medal of Honour.

Need for Speed underground 2, used to play that online alot actually.

Forget the reviews of Theme hospital and buy it. Get so much fun out of it..

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, can you interweb it now?? I thought it was only local crap. Christ I've missed a trick there and haven't been paying attention [:)]

Fancy a crack at some point??

C
Yer might do.

You have to get openTT. If you haven't already got it, get it. You can get loads of new sprites and stuff. Theres things like waypoints and everything, so that when you build your big tracks, instead of the trains just choosing a track to go on, you can set them to go on a specific track through a waypoint. Means you can juggle your tracks a lot better.

The only problem with it is that you have to have serious amounts of time to play it. Me and my mate started playing it a 10am on a sunday morning. We got so engrossed in it that he rang me and said 'mate, you realise what the time is?'. 8pm.... The only good thing about the game is you can just leave it running while you go have a ***! Leave the other player playing.

We came up with a few basic rules. Things like we couldnt buy shares in each others companies, would have the difficulty level set, with things like no breakdowns as that just annoyed us.

We also set the 'win' parameter as the company value. Not the company in the lead, as it's pretty easy to fulfill all the criteria. Things like 'over 75 trains'. Sometimes you don't need 75 trains!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Worms [H]

Aliens VS Predator , although it was a toughie.

Medal of Honour.

Need for Speed underground 2, used to play that online alot actually.

Forget the reviews of Theme hospital and buy it. Get so much fun out of it..
Buy it? What?! [:p]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I shall have to read up on thsi and play properly. Having just installed TTD, then OTT, then run OTT, it promptly core dumped nice.

C

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Core dumped?!

You need to run OTTD.

So basically download TTD and then apply the patch. Then download OTTD, I think you may have to put it in the same directory or something like that, can't remember now, and then run OTTD.

I'm running 0.4.7 and can't find any issues with it.

I remember having a few issues with TTD patch. Just can't remember what they were now!

Open TTD is here:
http://www.openttd.com/

Quite a lot of instructions and stuff.

This should wet your appetite!
Posted Image

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yeah i remember seeing it in a pound shop for you guessed it a ?1.

Got to be less hassle than however you`d get it? Plus you get the instruction manual at hand..unless you get those too [:p] actually bet you just "pfft" at manuals [:D]

Sega Rally PC edition , it never ages.

Sheesh @ PIc above, thats a BIG train station mate

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i remember seeing it in a pound shop for you guessed it a ?1.

Got to be less hassle than however you`d get it? Plus you get the instruction manual at hand..unless you get those too [:p] actually bet you just "pfft" at manuals [:D]

Sega Rally PC edition , it never ages.
Manual to play theme hospital?! Dude I rule at god games! [:D]

And no, pound shop would mean me getting out of my chair, plonking my arse in the car, actually driving, parking, shopping etc.

A torrent would mean a few clicks and a download [:p]

Oh, also completed C&C Generals the other day. Wasn't hard, but enjoyable game. Lasted me about 5 days, not continuous gameplay though! Looking for something to replace it with now. I like something which makes me think, gives me a challenge. C&C Generals did that a couple of times, then you realise just how easy it is!

Theres one level in there where all you literally have to do is send a women with a briefcase to a bridge to blow it up, literally. I tried about 4 times, going in, full war like, getting killed, when all I had to do right from the start was leave my men down the bottom of the map and send her off up to the top! [:p]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Transport Tycoon and Pocket Tanks for me!

Used to be hardcore on the TTD, not played it for a couple of years though...

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Unreal Tournament, Extreme-G (freebie with Asus AGP-V3400 TNT card - PC version of Wipeout/1,000 other futuristic gravity defying racing games), Hydro Thunder (arcade conversion - power boat racing, lots of hilarious graphic glitches and aerobatics)... never really got into PC games, and now I'm not that into games at all. I'm so boring [:(]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Unreal Tournament, Extreme-G (freebie with Asus AGP-V3400 TNT card - PC version of Wipeout/1,000 other futuristic gravity defying racing games), Hydro Thunder (arcade conversion - power boat racing, lots of hilarious graphic glitches and aerobatics)... never really got into PC games, and now I'm not that into games at all. I'm so boring [:(]
Lmao @ Hydro Thunder....always use to go round saying "Hydrooooo Thunderrrrrr" Just like the intro/start screen.

Extreme G , was that with those fast bike things? bet it looks so slow now ,i use to play wipeout and end up crying because i never got chance to blink my eyes.

Hitman was a good game, bit repetative though.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Early 90's; Wolfenstein 3D

Mid 90's; Doom / Doom 2, Dunes 2 (forerunner to all the C&C games)

Late 90's; Half Life, Red Alert 2, Shogun Total War

00's; Halo (best gameplay ever), Sudden Strike, Age of Mythology

Since, nothing has really excited, new games look nice but the gameplay hasn't moved on at all.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Oh, also completed C&C Generals the other day. Wasn't hard, but enjoyable game. Lasted me about 5 days, not continuous gameplay though! Looking for something to replace it with now. I like something which makes me think, gives me a challenge. C&C Generals did that a couple of times, then you realise just how easy it is!

Theres one level in there where all you literally have to do is send a women with a briefcase to a bridge to blow it up, literally. I tried about 4 times, going in, full war like, getting killed, when all I had to do right from the start was leave my men down the bottom of the map and send her off up to the top! [:p]
Hated Generals way to scripted.

Renegade was good and so playable but the best ever is Red Alert 2 from Westwood.

Might have to challenge you one evening if you think your hard enough, in fact an evening probably isn't long enough.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm surprised no one has come up with Warcraft III. Love that game, used to spend many a time with me mates on a small lan party playing that one.

CTP, I would do, but like you say, you need more than an evening to play it!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts