Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is it in or on your car that is just the icing on the cake? I dont wanna hear about turbo's or cai's or anything like that, i mean the little things in life, air fresheners, a little model blu-tacked to the dash. Just something small and inexpensive that completes your car.

I think mine is a glow-wrist-band the ones u get at bonfire night etc. it's from my first rave 5yrs ago and it's been hanging from the rear-view mirror in every car i've owned!

take care

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
The fact that after owning new VW's for the last 3 1/2 years and finding out last week you can check the tyre pressures without removing the dustcaps!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I only discovered last month, after having the car nearly five years, that the centre armrest will tilt further downwards to give easier access to the gear stick [:$]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I only discovered last month, after having the
car nearly five years, that the centre armrest will tilt further
downwards to give easier access to the gear stick [:$]
It took ya five years lol [:O] thats one reason why i like driving
sonnys car about as your arm just sits nicely on the arm rest which
reaches the gear stick with comfort when set low [:p]

Sat

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'd have to say the arm rest, i always use it and its great on the motorway. Also the neon blue dial's when you turn your lights on, they look so cool.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The fact that after owning new VW's for the last 3 1/2 years and finding out last week you can check the tyre pressures without removing the dustcaps!
When the rim is on the deck there is not enough pressure in the tyre [;)]

Only a guess and probably wrong

Jay

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Its certain dustcaps which are a little different and have a round bit on the top. You just push on the preassure checker and it gives a reading with the cap still on!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
very trick Diesel,

How did you find this out ??, I'm off out later to fill up so i will be trying this out for myself[:D]

Jay

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Electronic tyre pressure check system maybe? checks reading from abs sensors, if a wheel is rotating more/less than what it did when you programmed tyre pressure actual values in. brings pressure check light on.Correct?

·
Registered
266 Posts
My favourite feature, is so crap lol just makes me laugh! When you pull down the sun visor and slide the plastic mirror cover over...the light switch comes on...the germans....they think of everything!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Slag mirrors are a nice touch lol.

Cupholders. That action is very smoove and germans, and I spent about 5 minutes putting it in and out when I first got the car lol.

Another top VW touch for me is the blue and red lighting. A stroke of genius.

Centre armrest. Yes I wouldn't be without it, even if it does creak, which is why I usually fall onto the passenger seat when I get into my missus' Ibiza [:$]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Right now my favourite feature has to be my Touareg torch, after I lost my car park ticket on Sunday within 30 seconds of paying for it [:$]

·
Registered
51 Posts
?Blue lights on the dash.

?The plastic V5 cover under the hood. (Ordered a new one clean and unscratched I liked it that much)

?All black interior

?...and my synthetic chamois that I've had for 7 years - lovely it was until my girlfriend washed it at 50 degrees and it came out of the washing machine 10cms square and just as thick.... gutted

s

·
Registered
352 Posts
I love the blue/red backlight interior too. Apart from that it has to be my Reiger illuminated gear knob, it looks sooo OEM it's unbelievable!

Also, one thing I couldn't live without anymore! At all, ever, ever... is that little thing on the top of the windscreen wiper switch, that allows you to adjust the time between wipes when your on intermittent - it is just so great. - I missed it when I had a Clio courtsey car.

The Touareg torch is cool too, and the 12v supply in the boot, and the up/down seats, and the slidy mirrors with lights on the sunvisors. That's it I think.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts