Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently 17 and have got a Golf 1.6S for my first car, but was driving my dads 1.6fsi mk5 when I passed. However, I have been learning to drive since I was 15, when my dad started teaching me. Only had 10 hours of lessons before taking my test and passing first time with one minor (letting go of the steering wheel while at a traffic light).

Just thought I would share this with you all!

Regards

Amir

·
Registered
316 Posts
would you like a medal? :)

because if you get one then i want one for been insured to drive and tear about in an aston martin v8 vantage whenever i please....

bragging doesn't get you no where unless your on the strip..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont get my wrong, Im not trying to brag. Im trying to see if there are any other young drivers of mk4 golfs about. I inquire on this only out of interest, due to the fact that I only seem to see people of ages 20 to 40 (ish) driving in modified golfs.

No need to be snap at me mate, I don't feel too comfortable here, as I'm not as experienced as all you lot.

Regards

Amir

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
because if you get one then i want one for been insured to drive and tear about in an aston martin v8 vantage whenever i please....
Thought I'd point out you have contradicted yourself there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
it was to raise a point....that i could quiet easily brag all day long as im lucky in the situation im in.. but its something i don't go shouting out about to everyone....

my first golf was when i was 18.. mk4 1.8T

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im proud that I have had a Golf for my first car. I've been saving since I was 15 and working fulltime recently, to get this Golf. My family have not payed one bit as they wouldnt be able to afford it, including the ?4000 insurance. So before anyone thinks I'm a spoilt brat, please dont. I'm also not a chav, though I did once own a Burberry shirt ;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hey lay off the new kid!! He clearly stated that he wasn't bragging but was asking what peoples ages were. Considering the grief that is given to the perseeved 'chav' brigade on this forum it's good to see there are young members of our 'sect'.

Welcome to the forum Amir.

·
Registered
201 Posts
4000 for Insurance, god damn, that is expensive, thank god i am 28

I only have a MK4 1.4 because last car was in a write off and new if I had of got a GTI or something, insurance would of been around 1300 and that was too much for me

waiting till I get my years no claims back and then trading mine in for a more powerful model

Think I will stick with MK4's though, not too keen on the MK5

What did the car cost in relation to insurance?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im 18 and will be getting a 1.8t golf within a few months...
1.6 vs 1.8t... hmmmm

A 1.6 mk4 is nothing to boast about at our age...

You prob have rich parents thats all....

Im working for the 1.8t.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice to come to peace Richie ;)

I see it the insurance is worth it.

Live in on the border of London/Essex in Woodford, near Loughton/Chingford.

I see alot of Golf drivers round here, except for the occasionally drug dealer lookalikes.

How about you

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im 18 and will be getting a 1.8t golf within a few months...
1.6 vs 1.8t... hmmmm

A 1.6 mk4 is nothing to boast about at our age...

You prob have rich parents thats all....

Im working for the 1.8t.
Qoute - Im proud that I have had a Golf for my first car. I've been saving since I was 15 and working fulltime recently, to get this Golf. My family have not payed one bit as they wouldnt be able to afford it, including the ?4000 insurance. So before anyone thinks I'm a spoilt brat, please dont. I'm also not a chav, though I did once own a Burberry shirt ;)

Read ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What did the car cost in relation to insurance?
I went to an auction with my dad. He payed the cost of the car, ?4000. I transfered the money to his account straight after.

I went to afew dealers first, they wanted 5 to 6 thousand for the same car. Had mine serviced last week, only problem was worn brakes which has been sorted. Its on my mind to sell it, because Im worried I cant keep up with the insurance monthly payments. It is a dream to drive though..

1 - 20 of 216 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.