Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 23 with a V6 Golf 4Motion so as you can imagine insurance is a killer... my insurance is up for renewal today and the best quotes i got were from these two companies, thought they might helps someone else out... i ended up going with DNA insurance

company 1) DNA Insurance (specilise in moded cars) # 08707-871-215

company 2) Adrian Flux # 08700-777-888

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do you mind if I ask how much your renewal was?

I'm 24 and the insurance is coming up for renewal on my R32 next month. Been looking around for quotes but haven't tried DNA. Have you used them before?

Jeffers

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, since ur age and mine aren't that different i guess it wont come as a shock to you.. i was quoted by admiral ?4000 (i know).. they increased the premium since last year for some reason (i was with them last year..)

DNA quoted me ?2,726

Adrian flux (i think these guys are brokers, they got me the quote from a company called highway insurance), they quoted me ?2,783

mind u i only got 3 years no claims and 6 points (2 SP30s :eek:( )... and i declared all the mods also

·
Registered
326 Posts
Holy mother of gawd! That is shocking!

I'm glad to say that I don't pay that much! This year I paid about ?1100 FC, 6 years NCB with 3 points (SP50) and looking at the quotes I've been getting recently, I should be paying around ?850 when renewal comes up next month. That's with Bell Direct by the way.

What mods have you done then? Anything significant that could put the cost up, or is it more of the postcode lottery?

Jeffers

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Thing is Tom, an M3 is both quicker and more desirable than any Golf! That's an obscene amount of money..... my postcode is in the very lowest bracket for insurers, im only 23, and also have 3 years no claims but with 3 points. This year my premium will drop below ?1000, which is a welcome relief. I could never ever bring myself to pay more than 1500 for a relatively normal day to day car.

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know, i'm a fool for paying so much but my life wont be worth living without it... anyway i have no other choice if i want to keep the car, and i figured i'll pay that amount in the first year and it should drop drastically... it dropped but not drastically.. so i'm suffering the consequences... i dont want to sell the car.. got a long way to go (modifying wise) before i even think about that

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
WTF!!

Im just 20, living in a REALLY bad post code in London, 3 years experience, 1 yrs NCB, 0 points. My insurance on a V6 4Mo and a new X-Type 2,5 V6 would both be about ?2000 for 10 months, I thought that was pretty damn good!!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Just had mine renewed with Bell Direct, 25, London post code, parked on street, 2 yrs NCB, no points (crosses fingers & touches wood) 997.97. Didn't think that was too bad. Should be moving to St Albans soon and the car will be on a driveway so i'm hoping to get some of that back. Bell have always been the cheapest by a long way when i've been looking round. The next nearest when I was getting the 4mo was 1600.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
2 grand plus for insurance......??!!! Seriously, how do you guys justify it!!...? Its like ........loads and loads!!!

My three cost me ?750 fully comp, and i begrudge THAT! You'll know why if you have ever tried to make a claim!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mokeylock, try elephant...

I bought my V6 4motion 2 months ago when i was 20, paid ?1780 for insurance. Now that i've turned 21 and have been driving for 4 years, i canceled that insurance for a ?45 fee and restarted the insurance... Now costs just ?1090 for a 10month bonus accelerator!

Oh and i've got no no-claims as this is my first insurance, been on parents till now.

Happy is an understatement!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts