Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
You know it's too low when you park in a vertical parking space and the front overhang goes over a kerb, but gets ripped off when you reverse out, ARRGGGGGHHHHH

How the hell does it let you drive over the kerb but not out????????

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I've had to change garages for my MOT this year [:mad:]. They have a lip around their pit which means i can no longer fit onto their RR.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
You know it's too low when you park in a vertical parking space and the front overhang goes over a kerb, but gets ripped off when you reverse out, ARRGGGGGHHHHH

How the hell does it let you drive over the kerb but not out????????
lol done that a few times , might be to do with all the shopping loading the car down a bit more lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
he he..

oh the trouble we go through with our cars ... and yet we still love them lol

i cant even bring my car to work.. as the ramps in a multistory to each level dont allow me to get up them..

struggled last night getting into a mates gararge

struggle on a daily basis getting over the sleeping policemen down my road.

although one thing has been good since owning the car.. live is that little bit cooler :) he he!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
the gate stop in the middle of your path stops you from going any further.. :(
I have a similar problem - I have allocated parking spaces outside my house and I have to reverse in because if I drive in so the car is facing the house the front spoiler scuffs on the kerb.

It comes to something when we can't even park propely outside our houses![:D]

·
Registered
918 Posts
I could never go back to the factory suspension all walloy like a barge. So I'll not colour code the lower valances front and back.

You get really upset at being too low when you can't get into the racing circuit for a track day!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have a similar problem - I have allocated parking spaces outside my house and I have to reverse in because if I drive in so the car is facing the house the front spoiler scuffs on the kerb.

I used to have to park in an allocated bay with a security post that lays on the ground but isn't flush, It ripped my undertray off when the car was brand spanking new and not even lowered,

I have a garage now, and wouldn't be without one.

·
Registered
918 Posts

I used to have to park in an allocated bay with a security post that lays on the ground but isn't flush, It ripped my undertray off when the car was brand spanking new and not even lowered,

I have a garage now, and wouldn't be without one.
A touch inconvenient whilst walking round Safeways!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts