Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*MEETING AT THE OLD POST OFFICE PUB OFF J38 OF M1 Sun 5th AT 12 NOON*

Just wandering how many people would be interested in a Yorkshire meeting. I would really like to organise one, perhaps before Christmas. Get to know some people a bit more.

Please, if you are show your interest so i can see if there would be enough people. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would be interested!

Depends if in north yorkshire or south yorkshire cos im in cumbria and its less than 2 hours to north yorkshire. but if its like sheffield or somewhere thats a little further.

where you thinking?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i dont know, maybe if people can write "yes im interested and from...." then we can try and find somewhere to meet that's easy for everyone. Got a couple of places in mind.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am intrested but my social diary is looking quite full for all weekends before xmas, so would not know if I could make it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so a few more and i think were on!

One of the places i have thought of is Langset. J35a/J36 off the M1 down the A616 to Langset, 5-10mins from the M1. Cool place to take the dogs for a walk, verry nice pub and resevoirs(can't spell that!). Nice country roads and good photo spots. Just an idea. Map below shows you where it is etc.

[imghttp://www.multimap.com/map/gif.cgi?&client=print&file=b6X1720Y1600S100W600H500.gifimg]

Langset is just to the left, you can just make out ...gset.

[imghttp://www.multimap.com/map/gif.cgi?&client=print&file=b6X1684Y1600S25W600H500.gif&img]

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its called the waggon and horses pub. If there is somewhere else you think is better we can go anywhere!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far there would be 9 of us. Does anyone know of anywhere off the M1 at Wakefield/Huddersfield/Barnsley area, i think thats in the middle of us all.

Turbo tyke is that the one with the big car park where they hold maxpower/rudeboy meets?! The one that the road then leads to cawthorne and scisset?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hoops i think i know the one, but i think the old post office pub would be better, that car park is massive. Dont know what the pub is like though. Maybe we can meet there and have a drive to a more scenic place/pub, do any of you know the strines?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts