Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Superb colour - really really love that.

The car is lovely too - and quirky, but until i've tried one, i'll reserve final judgement.

I trust your "thank you" letter from OPEC arrived shortly after the car ! LOL

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Guys,

I've modded it already too!! Well, sort of. Took off the stupid, huge dealer sticker from the rear screen. I still fail to understand why people don't do this when they by a car. Seriously thinking about tints though. Must....resist....Modding[:|].

Foxy, lol, too true. But hey, it's a small price to pay[:D]. One plus point is it's happy to run on normal 95RON.

Jim

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice lookin' car you got there jim,what happened to the golf m8[:D]
Long story mate.

Basically, small, niggly things were going wrong. Then bigger more expensive things. It was a choice of pay out a load on it now and in the future or cut my losses. It had become a constant worry. I was sad to see it go but know it was for the best[:^)]. Got a fair price for it P/X too so I'm happy enough.

There's also the local Chavs. The older mk4s have become affordable to them and it wound me up. I was flashed a few times by them[:(]. Still remember the look on one of their faces. He flashed going in the opposite direction. He seemed a bit confused when I gave him the finger. It's a shame, a nice marque is going the same way as many others and being spoilt by these people.

I just hope I don't see the Golf going around this area with a burburry wearing gimp behind the wheel. I'd be gutted.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
A very nice car you have there, the colour is great. I really like the dials with the rev counter being the main one. Smart.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yep i think you have done the right thing jim,there's nothing more annoying than having to fork out loads of money on the car all the time,it becomes very frustrating,hope all goes well with the new car m8,im sure it wont be long before someone has a burburry car(VERY SAD) cheers scott[:D]

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lovely car, whats the performance like in them bad boys??
231bhp as standard. But a little bird has pointed me in the direction of a remap giving approx 270[:D]. The handling is the thing I really noticed coming from the Golf. It's on rails.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice motor mate![Y] Ill be looking out for it.

p.s remember if an indigo blue mk4 with S3's flashes you, its not a prom going chav, its ME![:D]

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice motor mate![Y] Ill be looking out for it.

p.s remember if an indigo blue mk4 with S3's flashes you, its not a prom going chav, its ME![:D]
LOL, will do mate. Did you hear the police siezed their first car under the ASBO act down the Prom, White Honda Civic[:D].

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, about time. I work in the esso garage in kirkcaldy in the evenings (im at college), they come in all the time, stereos full blast, revving the hell out of their cars, 14 year old peroxide blonde girlfriend in the passenger seat, burberry caps on........

I bloody hate chavs.[8o|]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts