Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quote: posted by rfsteel on 24/09/2004 11:07:23

To look on the bright side, at least you didn't catch the wheel arch on that side.

lol - that would have been two on the same side. I think if i'd done that I would just have gotten rid of the damn thing (& replaced it with another mk4, obviously [;)])

Edit: <frantically touching lots of wood>

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ouch thats a crying shame [:(]

At least it's Friday so you can drown your sorrows. I had Mk3 that was cursed for dents, prangs etc (none my fault of course) but it was red and they're meant to be unlucky.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
crap like this allways happens. at least you chose the right thing to damage rather than your whole car and life! for ?40-50 tops a good re-furber will sort that and have it looking brand new. (well they are brand new, but you know what i mean!)

·
Registered
34 Posts
There is a place in Plains, near Airdrie that my mate used for his RS6 after he'd kerbed them. They were in a much worse nick than yours but you would have known it afterwards! He also got his 330Ci rims done there as well and they ended up like new!!!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for the sympathy guys. It's like a virtual hug [:eek:)]

Lots of good suggestions also... had a look on the Strathycruise website (God help me) for local refurbers. Lots of them seem to recommend 'Trims & things' in Coatbridge. Phoned them up & they'll do a spot repair as I don't want to lose my lettering from ?35>.

Apart from that, went to the cash machine & got ?30 out so I can go straight to the pub when I get home. I'll need it!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Quote: posted by chrisstevens on 24/09/2004 16:29:08

Make sure you updte your sig. it must be more than ?415 worth of oops by now

Ouch! That was a bit below the belt!!!

Cat, if it makes you feel better, I finished off my holiday to Disneyland Paris a few weeks ago by catching the sill of my Touran on a high curb on a corner. No other damage apart from an 18" dent along the sill.

The cost of this damage? [:O][:O][:O] ?1200!!!!! [:O][:O][:O]

If it wasn't going through the insurance, I would tell the STEALER where to shove it! I wouldn't care but they said it would take a week but they've already had it 2 1/2 and they're waiting for another part from the factory! So we're stuck with a bloody Fiat Punto!! [V]

·
Registered
430 Posts
Quote: posted by TouranMan on 24/09/2004 18:13:41

Make sure you update your sig. it must be more than ?415 worth of oops by now

Well I just hope she takes it better than you did as it was only meant to be funny?

·
Registered
614 Posts
well look like your haveing as much luck as me " i meen bad luck if it was not for bad luck have no luck at all" well there is one way you could all ways get one more wheel and tyre and have one for spare

·
Registered
692 Posts
Quote: posted by chrisstevens on 24/09/2004 18:17:28

Quote: posted by TouranMan on 24/09/2004 18:13:41

Make sure you update your sig. it must be more than ?415 worth of oops by now

Well I just hope she takes it better than you did as it was only meant to be funny?

Err...... I know! [;)]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
PJ52GLY, maybe this is my karma for finding comedy in your misfortune. Knew it was probably wrong at the time - but obviously i wasn't laughing at you, just it was written - still cracks me up right now [:D]

Boys, don't fight - we've had enough of that recently [B)]. Take both your points though, the comment was both funny and ouch at the same time - was actually thinking of how to update my sig anyway, seems quite apt at the mo' ;-)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.