Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot believe it - not even one week after I got them fitted, I have gone and kerbed one of my new alloys [:(][:(][:(]

The choice was between the kerb on one side and an artic coming towards me on the wrong side of the road on the other, so the wheel got it.

Seriously *seriously* gutted.

So can anybody recommend a refurber - preferably in Central Scotland area that might be able to fix me on short notice?

Think I'll go & cry now [V]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Tut Tut Tut, [V]

Thats what happens when you let a woman drive your car, OHHH you are a woman[:)]

Sorry, just messin, not good news, hope you can get them sorted.

Having them painted Anthracite would look cool on your Green car, especially if you 've gone the black badge route[:)]

·
Registered
766 Posts
[:O][:O][:O]theres a place down prestwick called rms is ment to be top stuff at fixing alloys. there number should be in the motor market weekly.

wish i didn't make that joke now about kerbing your rims[:(]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks chief, couple of good tips. Think it might need more than hammerite though - will have a good look tomorrow when it's light.

Deadlock, i think the answer to that is being a fliping Self Humiliationer of the highest order. Trucks that size (it was one of the enormous ones) shouldn't be on the roads at all IMO, never mind ones like I was on. Basically, it was a country road, he was coming round a sharp bend towards me but the truck was too long to turn properly [V]

gerard, don't worry about it mate you're one of many - including myself. I'll have a look for that number, cheers.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 23/09/2004 21:53:16

Cannot believe it - not even one week after I got them fitted, I have gone and kerbed one of my new alloys [:(][:(][:(]

The choice was between the kerb on one side and an artic coming towards me on the wrong side of the road on the other, so the wheel got it.

Seriously *seriously* gutted.

So can anybody recommend a refurber - preferably in Central Scotland area that might be able to fix me on short notice?

Think I'll go & cry now [V]

awww feel sorry for ya... I was seriously gutted when I kerbed my alloy a little bit.

Sometimes cars expect me to drive through a little gap but I just make them move out the way, I am not ruining my alloys for anyone. Suppose you wouldn't argue with a big lorry.[:(]

Hope u get it sorted

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My car would just stop going altogether carrying one of those as a spare [B)][:D]

Tis bad enough as it is - funny, when they first went on it didn't seem to make much of a difference, but it's really noticeable now. Must have been favourable conditions / road I was on at the time.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, and by the way people (just re-read original post) - this was a *huge* artic coming towards me on the wrong side of the road doing at least 60mph, round a bend, in the dark, blinding me with their huge lights.

And I'll bet it wasn't a woman driving

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nightmare! V sorry to hear that [:(] There is a thread on here somewhere about someone refurbing their wheels themselves, not sure what its called, but i've saved it in Word, I can send it to you if you like.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully it's not as bad as having to replace it totally. Took some photos this morning (click to enlarge). Damage starts & ends at the red crosses.

NETDI, thanks - I've got that bookmarked as well (was probably tempting fate [:(!]) - thanks anyway. I guess there's no harm in having a go myself & then if i male chicken that up as well, I can get it done professionally anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

From approximately 2 metres away:

Posted Image

From apprpoximately 6 metres away:

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You seem to have a bit of bad luck with this at the moment, really sucks...

Those burrs look quite deep, I doubt it has knocked it out of shape though. Go and get it re-furbed and buy some new shoes, will make you feel better ! [:)]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts