Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys remember a few months back when i had my bora sport clocks fitted??, they had the full fis , and so after spending a considerable amount of time and some more money[V], ive finally connected it all up and whhoooahh , its working the radio and cd info is displayed in the fis display, and the satnav directions come up, and i now have the traffic detour function to boot!!!, helpful when i have to go maccy d,s!!, heres some piccies, if anyone wants any info on how to do it , dont hesitate to ask!. got a big headache so will be away for afew hours with mr anadin!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and heres the tmc symbol and menu!

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
That looks brilliant!!!

Tell us more? What did you have to buy?

How much? Can I do this in my R32???

Cheers

Martyn

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Can I have radio information displayed when using standard Gamma and in dash 6CD unit with FIS cluster?

If so what would I need?

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very easy in to do in your r32, from what i know the r32 came as standard with full fis clocks, so all you need is a version D or G satnav, the easier and cheaper option is the D unit, as if you have a d unit , you only have to connect three wires from the satnav to the cluster directly, and then you can find any tmc box, as you will only need it for traffic info, youre probably looking at ?600 for the satnav and tmc box, the tmc box, can be from any vw audi car so you can get it from the breakers!.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by EddyH on 14/03/2005 18:30:08

Looks good, does it work through CAN or a direct connection to the cluster?

the version G satnav will need a specific tmc box, which is a pig to find as i found out, and that runs through a CANBUS connection, but the version d satnav, just needs a direct connection of three wires to the cluster!

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by EddyH on 14/03/2005 18:30:08

Looks good, does it work through CAN or a direct connection to the cluster?

the version G satnav will need a specific tmc box, which is a pig to find as i found out, and that runs through a CANBUS connection, but the version d satnav, just needs a direct connection of three wires to the cluster!

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by GaryM on 14/03/2005 18:29:30

Can I have radio information displayed when using standard Gamma and in dash 6CD unit with FIS cluster?

If so what would I need?

Not sure about the standard gamma , i,ll have a poke around and see what i can find out

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 14/03/2005 18:29:30

If so what would I need?

Yes you can (my Bora Highline):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gamma with 6cd.

Just need to get satnav now. Whats the dif between d and g units?[^]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Very nice indeed mate. Is your sat nat version d or g?

I'd love to get this in my car.

Firstly, i have to get the dsp up and running with my sat nav (version g).

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 14/03/2005 19:41:41

Cheers JRW.

Was that cluster standard in your car or did you fit it?

Its standard on the highline and I also presume the sport. Will also work with the satnav as it has a menu when you hold the up or down button down.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote: posted by jrw on 14/03/2005 19:54:44

Quote: posted by GaryM on 14/03/2005 19:41:41

Cheers JRW.

Was that cluster standard in your car or did you fit it?

Its standard on the highline and I also presume the sport. Will also work with the satnav as it has a menu when you hold the up or down button down.

Gary, if its available on the bora , then its just a case of connecting three wires from the gamma to the cluster, and away you go!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts