Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya guys, help needed plz. I have just bought a Mk4 V6 4Motion on an X reg to find out it comes with the standard headlights, I have asked a vw main dealer how much it would be to convert the main lights to xeon...... approx ?3000.00 I was told....[:(], does any1 know anywhere where I can get the complete xeon kit fitted at a better price than that. According to VW main they said it was because the whole wiring loom had to be uprated, the ECU needed updating and various other things..... Any1's help in this matter would be appreciated..

Cheers John[^]

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Foxy is your man, not sure if he can still get hold of them, but he should be able to inform you of the technical issues . . . ?3k is way too much tho!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Quote: posted by TJay on 04/10/2004 20:20:19

According to VW main they said it was because the whole wiring loom had to be uprated,

Sounds like a load of cobblers to me. Didn't Irish replace his lights with Xenons and when he swapped them back for standards before trading in he removed them in an evening.

Is Irish still around?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've helped setup a group buy with VAG Parts for a Retro fit kit. Fits in the standard headlights and the kit is plug & play. Much cheaper. ?285 delivered.

See group buys section for more details.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I think i can get the last 5-10 sets at the german supplier.

Brand new OEM

Simple plug-and-play fitment.

Price is ?645.......sounds alot but that's for both lights, complete, ready to rock with plugin wiring adapters (no messy cutting of wires), oh and insured delivery!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I'll back Foxy up there, I had a set off him.

They appealed to me much more than a retrofit lamp and ballast and really look the part too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that foxy, do you have any pictures of them fitted on any cars????? also do they produce the same kind of light as the factory fitted xeons on a Polo Gti 'W' reg? Do you recommend fitting myself or by a auto electrition. Cheers ......

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I can add that Foxy's OEM xenons are the kiddies!! Easy peasy to fit also! As for the uprated wiring etc........cobblers!!

1. remove bumper

2. remove headlamps

3. fit xenons with 12 to 10 way adapters

4. refit bumper

5. standback in amazement at the fact you can now see at night!!

You will never look back after fitting these, they're great to say the least. 645 quid is a steal compared to the dealers, also you keep that OEM look for the insurance robbers[;)]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[^][^][^][^]Thanks for all your help guys...... have a few ideas now, gonna get the cash then see foxy.....cheers all [:D]

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh, i hate these posts. I really want a set but have a big evnough credit card bill as it is. I just don't think I could resist if Foxy got hold of some more! [B)]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yes, I can get a few more sets.

Would like to get an order for say five sets together and i think that would knock a little off the price.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Soz mate....i just noticed the addy was still there.....they went weeks ago. Deleted now! ta.

@RS_GOLF - you have a PM!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Foxy when you are ready to get some Xenon Headlights let me know as I have the money waiting. I'm 100% that I want them..[:)][^][:D]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts