Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good quality set of replacement 'Xenon look' bulbs for my Anni? (Full set please)

Can they be purchased as a kit?

Has anyone tried the higher output 80/100watt items?

Thanks,[^]

Chris.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I would advise against using higher powered bulbs, the increased heat may well damge your reflectors too much. Normally a good quality set of normal powered bulbs will work better than the higher powered ones.

Shaq is the resident bulb expert on here.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hiya!

Shaq has seen post...lol!

I can supply some REAL good Xenon Look bulbs and at a good price too...

PM me and I'll fire you some prices

Cheers

C

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry to butt in everyone; what can you suggest for a normal 1.8T turbo's headlights Shaq? I seem to remember that they weren't the best from the test drive last night.

Any help gratefully received.

oi_oi

·
Registered
387 Posts
I too am interested in replacement bulbs as the standard ones are very poor indeed. Are they easy to fit? I've read different things about fitting them including removing front bumper! Any info appreciated

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sgt.Banjo - it really depends on a few factors. What egine your car has, if it has std heating, ac or climte and finally how fat your hands are and how much patience you got.....lol

Whats your motor etc??

Anyone else for some bulbs....hehe

C

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just upgraded my full set from www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk - The service from those guys is excellent. The easiest way to change the bulbs is to partially remove the bumper on each side. If you do the whole thing you will have a mission to remove and refit the bonnet catch. Did it in about 30-40mins. The lights are ok but take a few days to get to full brightness. I would recommend extreme white as they still have a blue tint without being too dull.

I do a lot of motorway driving and the Xenons bring the beams up to the level they should have been on the golf!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
GTIJase - Could of done you the same products for less than them mate [;)]

Sgt.Banjo - hard to call as I have done my 1.8T no AC no probs without bumper removal BUT I have also done a PD130 with d that was a MARE on the drivers side, passenger side just whipped the battery out and LOADS a room

ANY BULBS PEOPLE I CAN BEAT ANY PRICE THAT YOU HAVE GOT/CAN GET [:D]

Cheers

C

·
Registered
387 Posts
I see a lot of chav mobiles around with a slight cyan/blue tint to there headlights and I think this looks extremely poor. What I'm after is a nice bright white light. Are these bulbs gonna do the job?

Sarge

·
Registered
219 Posts
hey shaq .. how much are the LED sidelights on their own in total mate ... just changed ma H7s for these brilliant white ones from halfords .. but the sidelights still cack standard lol ... got a 18T and i cant get to the sidelights for shyte ! lol how do i change em .. any info wud be helpful .. cheers

·
Registered
487 Posts
Fantastic Shaq,[:D]

I'm always up for a bargain!

I didn't pay full price as on the Autobulbs however, got to know of them through Ebay.

Do you have a website and pricelist mate? (Shaq) I am also after some for an RS Turbo.

Cheers

Sgt.banjo My main bukbs are extrem white with a very sligt blue tint which do look quite natural when warmed up. I think it doesn't look as good with the straight blue tint although the sides do look ok. Will have to send you a pic mate to see what you decide. [:)]

·
Registered
387 Posts
Cheers Jase, when i get round to doing it, I wanna do it once and do it right. I don't want my car to look cheap or tacky.

Sarge

1 - 17 of 17 Posts