Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Xenon lights

3K views 54 replies 11 participants last post by  ADi Nuff Valves 
#1 ·
hi all

Ive bought a pair of xenon lights from my local breaker for my mk4 golf and was told they were a plug and play upgrade so i plugged em in and ........... nowt happened no light, nothing. does anyone know if i need something else to go with these from the car like relays or loom alterations etc as im a bit stumped. The offside one has an extra plug on the top behind the indicator which my loom appears not to have a plug for aswell.

any help would be much appreciated.

thx

Andy

#5 ·
The metal boxes are the integrated ballasts.

You will need 2 off 10-12 pin converter leads for them to function correctly.

I think the car has a 10 pin plug and the Xenon headlights have a 12 pin socket.

If you then want the manual level adjustment to work inside the car you will have to add an additional 2 cores to the 10-12 pin leads and perform a small mod inside each headlight.

#13 ·
Quote: posted by Twohats on 13/03/2005 14:53:23

Gary youre a star m8!! A bargain if i can get em working lol. so what is the second plug on the offside light for?

I havent seen the second plug TBH. I have 2003 OEM Xenons and nothing else other than 10-12 pin adaptor leads going into them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.