Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just had a set of r32 xenons installed on my v6 and noticed on the drive back that the pattern of the light they give out is very jagged at the end of the beam and the spread isnt very big. Is this correct as i was expecting a nice straight beam / spread of light. Think they need adjusting up some more but was just after finding out what sort of light output other peoples ones give out.

Cheers

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Hi, I have just had a set of r32 xenons installed on my v6 and noticed on the drive back that the pattern of the light they give out is very jagged at the end of the beam and the spread isnt very big. Is this correct as i was expecting a nice straight beam / spread of light. Think they need adjusting up some more but was just after finding out what sort of light output other peoples ones give out.

Cheers
The light beam should look like Jake's picture above.

IF you reckon the beam is jagged and wrong looking, then check that the HID bulbs are seated correctly inside the headlight. If they are off, then the Lenses won't be able to direct the light in the correct way

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for that dont know how to post pics which is a pain. The beam is definately shining lower than jakes and will check to see that the lamps are sitted correctly. It's when there is no objectsin front of the car that you can see the jagged end look of the beams.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
you can do it manually,

find a flat carpark, dirve right up to a wall, make a marks level with the centre of the headlight, then reverse 25feet back, turn lights on and they should sit roughly 2" below your marks, this is ball park, but better than nothing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts