Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title suggests,can anyone confirm the partnumbers for uk spec r32 xenon headlamps? i'm due to buy a set and am concerned they may not be suitable for mot time.they have arrows on yellow stickers on them,and was wondering if anyone could look at theirs,and confirm which way the arrows point on a uk spec car.many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have a GB with the xenon headlights if you are interested?

They will be fine for the MOT im sure, R32's pass don't they. You will be fine mate.

Dale

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any chance you can find out the part numbers off them,it would be a real help if you could!should be on the top of the lamp units.cheers.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have been given these numbers off the lamps: 02a 011 04 hr , on the lefthand one and apparently 04 hr 02a 011 , on the righthand one!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right.i have been sent another number off the light saying 1J1941015L is this the part number of the light.if so,is it  a uk spec set of lights?can someone please verify?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
looks like a german LHD one to me but i can't confirm that yet.

Baz

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if they are a german kit,is there some kind of lever inside them to convert them to right hand drive?would be interested to know!

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
the guy selling them will tell you there is but there isn't. A 'tourist lever' is only to flatten the beam. It completely takes the beam pattern away and you may as well have standard lights in.

Baz

·
Registered
130 Posts
definately do NOT get the ones with part number 1J1...I just got stung by this and forked out for a set with part numbers 1J!1 941 016 and 1J1941015 and they are LEFT hand drive with no way of changing. The guy even told me they were UK specific so watch out there are some real liars on eBay!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Can someone confirm that these part numbers are correct and for R/H/D xenons and any more info would be great

1j2 941 015F

1j2 941 016F

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
correctomondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are uk spec!just like my new ones.can't wait to stick them in!!!!!

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Can someone confirm that these part numbers are correct and for R/H/D xenons and any more info would be great

1j2 941 015F

1j2 941 016F
The come up on the computer as a deleted part.

Baz

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
That is just what I wanted to hear

Also will I still need the 10 to 12 pin adaptor?
yes

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i got my 12 to 10 pin plugs from kufatec in germany. can anyone tell me, or post up a link to the wiring mods to make the rheostat operate the levelling on my xenons. fitted them today and they are awesome!!!!

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I thought that buying this cable adaptor that the levelers would work without any further mods needed
Exactly - with the right adapters the level motor gnd, power and control lines will all match up.

Baz

·
Registered
213 Posts
i got my 12 to 10 pin plugs from kufatec in germany. can anyone tell me, or post up a link to the wiring mods to make the rheostat operate the levelling on my xenons. fitted them today and they are awesome!!!!
So the cable from this company is no good then as he still needs to sort out the leveling wires???

·
Registered
729 Posts
Surely any 10-12 pin adaptor needs to have a second input into the second "plug" on the back of the unit, its an oval plug with the capacity for four pins although it only contains three.

This, I thought, is where the self leveliing input from the R32 suspension enters the headlight/levelling motor and where a modded cable needs to enter.

I hate it when plug and play is just plug..........

Wilko hows the headlights doin? [:D]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts