Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

xenon bulb colour?

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
5K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  silver38 
#1 ·
Hi guys , just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas if the xenon bulbs from a vauxhall omega will fit in my xenon headlight units in my golf mkiv?, the omega bulbs have a very nice blue ting to them, been told that they have either a 6000K or 8000K color temp, and i know that the osram xenarc bulbs are 4300K, as told by osram.what about these bulbs at www.hidexpress.com , they also have 10000K xenon bulbs, that give a purple /white light, as seen on some cars, think theyll defo be better than the originals, but need to make sure that they aernt coated bulbs.

cheers zak

#7 ·
Looks like i,ll be ordering either the 6000K aqua blue or 8000K deep blue, xenon D2S bulbs, ive recieved an email from hid express, and they say :

All our Xenon bulbs are real HID bulbs that do NOT use any color coating on the

bulbs themselves, they emits the blue color by the xenon gas in the bulbs.

Otherwise, we will refund 200% of the amount you paid!

so all i have to see is which colour i prefer, i think it might be the 6000K as its not far off from the Omega,s original bulbs of 5000K, but the 8000K bulb colour does look wicked, i dont want it to be too blue though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant please some people, works out ?130 a pair, not bad.

Posted Image

Posted Image

what do you think?

#13 ·
You WILL get LESS light from 6000k tubes over the 4300k ones.

Most higher colour temperature tubes will last far less time than the OEM type.

Why not try Philips D2s colour magic?

They are 5000k at the start of their life.

There are NO other OEM xenon headlights with a higher colour temp than about 4300k.....it's all about the effect of the optics making them look bluer.

I am running mine every time i'm in the car and the colour shift is on it's way for sure....500 hours is a long time to wait though!! LOL!!

#15 ·
I agree with Foxy, i use mine everytime i jump in the car, and i am starting to see some colour shift. Have also noticed at night that in certain reflections (bus stops, shop windows) that my bulbs have that blue colour. I have noticed the Vauxhall ones seem very blue, but put it down to them being older then mine! TBH i would like to see the 6000K bulbs but would rather spend my money on an OEM bulb or phillips/ osram!

#16 ·
Renton, as youve allready got 6000K bulbs fitted, whats the colour and the beam intensity when you turn them on?, any difference from the stock 4300k bulbs?, ie beam intensity and colour?, can you see the blue ting to them or only in reflections?

cheers zak

#17 ·
i cant comment on the 4300k bulbs as ive never had them but mine , when driving at night is definatley a whit light and only blue in reflections i.e shop windows etc.

the beam spread is very good but its wide rather then long.

i also get a lot of bounce in the beam but i think this is caused by the reflector in the light bouncing over bumps in the road.

not sure if its noticeable to other drivers or not.

#18 ·
I had the OEM 4300K xenons for a wgile but ended up switching back to using a 6000K retro fit kit as the 6000K set up seemed a lot brighter. I prefer the look of the 6000K version aswell as it looks bluer from the outside but seems to cast a much whiter beam on the road ahead.

#19 ·
If you look at www.hidexpress.com, and move your mouse pointer over the different colour temp beams, youll see that the 6000k and the 8000k are the brightest, i,m still working out which i should go for, 6000K or 8000K, will work it out sometime this week, then order them!!!

zak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.