Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know how to select the cd changer if you have the xcarlink Bluetooth module attached.
I have everything else working, such as wireless music and calls when selecting the cd changer "cd1". If you select "cd2" it is the aux for the device too.
But I can't select my cd changer (in the boot) from the MFD head unit, it's powered as you can re insert the cds in the cd changer. According to xcarlink you should be able to select the CD option again to change to the cd changer but it won't.

Pictures enclosed of set up. The only wires I don't know what to do with are the loose white and black ones that came with xcarlink.

57de77cf8314164df04e6f7c5721c4b8.jpg

6fe0abb663e59559de225ae9cf68e0d4.jpg

c06cee8465c8b53d9ea1763d6f548617.jpg

c2417db24586eea33990214be4f62dd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Did it not come with a manual stating what the wires are for? If it didn't there must be a link to it... somewhere in the packaging.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Did it not come with a manual stating what the wires are for? If it didn't there must be a link to it... somewhere in the packaging.
You are joking right? The manual is basic, and has been converted from Chinese to English! No telephone number for xcarlink.

It does however state that the product should be installed by a professional.

I have got it working and I'm impressed very much! Just can't "select" the existing 6cd changer. The product is compatible with existing cd changers as advertised.

You can even charge your iPhone with the usb outlet!

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Check their website i got an autoleads steeringwheel control box ... same manual headache... but on their website is not only a configuration tool but also the explanation to the use of the extra wires on the connector... in my case the extra wires are for different radio manufacturers, oem and aftermarket.. Panasonic and JVC use the extra wires not the likes of kenwood Sony pioneer or the European big brand manufacturers...

Yours might be the same and there might be an application so you can set the lot up to work as you want( assign what happens when you select certain things)

Ps the manual for my steering wheel control box is configurable and can be updated so I can literally use it for other brands, although I might need to buy a new cable. Something the manual doesn't say a word about.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope nothing on the website.
They are pretty bland.

Anyone else who has my unusual set up (as there can't be many with the original mfd in a golf?) let me know how to select the cd changer. As I say the only "loose" wires are a black and white one.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try to turn off bluetooth on paired device.
Thanks but unfortunately this didn't work either, the device is quite clever it just says out loud "Connect Bluetooth device" impressive I thought. But still no option of selecting the cd changer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Someone who has Yatour USB/AUX adapter with Gamma, MCD or MFD could help you. They have similar setup with Y adapter for Yatour and CD Changer.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok got it sorted. To get cd changer working I do the following and yes it works! I was sceptical if xcarlink would actually help me here but they did. Well done!

"To switch to your factory CD changer when listing to Bluetooth please toggle between FM radio and CD, (switch to FM then back to CD) it will then switch over to your changer."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts