Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one.

I'm going out in a few hrs to buy a 360. Anyone recommend a game or 2 to go with it. I'm into driving and FPS games

I'm buying it mainly to play Test Drive Unlimited (out 1st Sept)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would opt for:

PGR - Very good game, but gets a bit tedious.

Hitman - Excellent game, strangley the first few levels are harder than the later levels.

Tomb Raider - Excellent.

Also consider Call of Duty (haven't played)

As you say I think people are waiting on some of the big games which are out soon, Testdrive Unlimited, Dead Rising etc.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
I asked the same question last month.

I'd recommend PGR3 & Call of duty 2.

I also got Ghost Recon, but have only played it twice. Can't tear myself away from COD2 [:D]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If you didn't manage to pick one up then you may be interested in my 360 Premium which is currently awaiting authorisation for the classifieds.
It comes with PGR3, Ghost Recon and Pro Evo 5.
Also has a play as you charge battery/cable pack, media remote and both official component and vga cables.

Either way, PGR3 and Ghost Recon should be right up your alley.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I bought one last week, again for the same reason "test drive unlimited" :)

Bought the core which i wish i hadnt done, since i've since gone out and bought the HD + wireless controller. Bought GRAW with it but havent really played it yet as i've now got oblivion which is truly a next gen title!

Off to buy COD2 this week too as i hear its v.good!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
u wanna remember! COD3 is out in November!! Now, if u think COD2 is good, this is gonan be great!! I cant wait!! [H]

·
Registered
627 Posts
If you like your FPS, try Prey, it's ace!

What I'd do is, get the console, get it home and hooked up to tinternet, then just trawl the demos that sound interesting to you on XBox live marketplace. Dead Rising demo is up there now :)))
Try before you buy is one of the best things about 360. Test Drive demo is up there!

I also really liked Tomb Raider and GRAW is pretty damn good, bit nails in places though (If anyone else has played it, the bit where you have to rescue the Mexican president outside the blown up embassy.. blimey that is harsh!!)
I didn't rate Oblivion at all, but I'm in a minority I realise, I prefer Japanese RPGs. Kameo is pretty average. There's bucket loads of stuff due to be released in September if you can hold onto your readies til then.. loads of stuff, check Amazon!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
You need a broadband service and a nearby network point to plug the 360 in, such as your router or an access point. That's pretty much it :)
The console comes with XBox Live silver membership (+free month Gold trial) and takes you through the signup process when you first switch it on.

You also need a MSN Passport account, such as Hotmail. If you don't have one, it'll take you through that aswell.

Silver membership gets you full access to XBLive arcade, the demos and videos etc. Gold membership lets you play games online

·
Registered
627 Posts
You need a broadband service and a nearby network point to plug the 360
in, such as a router or an access point. That's pretty much it :)

The console comes with XBox Live silver membership (+free month Gold
trial) and takes you through the signup process when you first switch
it on.

You also need a MSN Passport account, such as Hotmail. If you don't have one, it'll take you through that aswell.

Silver membership gets you full access to XBLive arcade, the demos and videos etc. Gold membership lets you play games online

·
Registered
627 Posts
The Mac itself won't cause any problems.
How does it physically connect to the phoneline to get the broadband? Do you have an external modem, a router or do you have a wireless network?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Does it connect with standard cat5 network cable to the Mac?
And if so, does it have more than one network socket on it? If there's no spare network sockets, or if it's a USB one you may need to get a router. Preferably a combined modem/router. You can pick them up really cheap these days :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts