Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being a Playstation gamer since day one, i've decided to take the plunge - and buy a 360 tomorrow.

I know pretty much pi55 all about the machines, just had a sudden impulse to buy one[:)]

I was going to get a Premium system and one of those Plug & charge kits and Gold Live membership (a must)

Was going to get Oblivion with the system as that has had excellent
reviews, but just wondered what other games would you recommend?

I'm well into online gaming and love FPS, not sure whats better though, Call Of Duty 2or Ghost Recon??

Cheers & maybe i'll be frag grenading your ass online soon lol[:)]

Lee

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Id love a 360, going to get one once the prices drop a bit. As for games, i have never played any but heard great reviews about Project gotham racing 3 (first 2 were awesome) and Perfect dark 2 (fps, meant to be the best) , if Black is available get that, another great fps. Ahh its been ages since a fired up a games console.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
COD2 is great online! all against all, team deathmatch, capture the flag etc! All early problems have been fixed, like lag etc. i prefer it to GR:AW. New maps have just been added to the cod2 online experience, so its always great! There are co-op mission u can do though online with GR:AW and that is a great game.
Both great games, but online cod wins it imo! [H]
PGR3 is a great game, but online there are a load of monkeys who take u out when u overtake them! loads of update and extra cars available on live too!
only got the three above game, nothing else for a while! gonna get splinter cell when that comes out! COD3 is due the end of the year, along with Medal of honor Airbourne around the same time! things are looking great!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have had my 360 since Jan and own both Cod 2 and Graw along with Pgr3,Tomb Raider Legend and Table Tennis (Great Game for ?25).
Out of the 2 Fps both are great games but Cod2 multiplayer is top bollocks
Once you get it add 'Playrider' to your friends list

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, cheers lads

Looks like its going to be Call Of Duty 2 then. I will also have a look
at Project Gotham Racing, maybe rent it out and see what its like?

I shall add you to my friends list Playrider, i'll have to get some practice in [;)]

Going to be like a little kid at xmas now, waiting for the morning to come.....lol

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry about pratice im absolutly rubbish at it anyway its just good fun
LOL, that gives me half a chance then[:p]

Just been a bought one, got a right bargain. Traded in some old PS2
games and ended up getting the Premium system, Play & charge kit,
Oblivion & COD2 for ?285 [:D].

·
Registered
627 Posts
Best game on the 360 is Geometry Wars!

I picked one up a month back and I've not really played it much due to a Dragon Quest addiction on my PS2 ;)

But from what I've seen of what games I have. Ghost Recon looks pretty good.. when I have time, I'll sit down and play that. Kameo's pretty average.. Tomb Raider's good, but it's no better than PS2/XBox version..
Biggest supprise of all though was Oblivion. I thought it sucked big time, what a total let down! I'm a big RPG fan.. so I wanted this. But infact I discovered I'm a big fan of Japanese RPGs and Oblivion being so western 'D&D style' was a culture shock, I can't think of anything I actually liked about it! I took it back the next day and pretended it didn't work ;) Got LocoRoco for my PSP instead!

I must admit, I'm not very impressed with the 360's current lineup at all, cept for Ghost Recon. It's all just the same old games again. BUT, there's some very cool stuff on the horizon. Check out the Lost Planet demo. I was well impressed by that!! And there's a fair old wedge of Japanese games due out soon, so I'm happy!

Until then.. Geometry wars.. absolutely fabulous!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Anyone looked at the Prey demo yet? It's only appeared past couple of days. I've just played through it today and I thought it was ace!! :D

Looking forwards to buying the proper version and getting my teeth into that!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Still need to sit down and play Ghost Recon! Got through the tutorial but not played it since.. looks like a top game though.

I started it at 11pm one night and at that point I was unable to absorb all the controls! ;)

Get the Prey demo down and try it! :)

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I traded in Oblivion yesterday as I felt its a game that you need
to spend ALOT of time on, whereas i'm after something to just pick up
& play for now.

So I got GRAW[:D]

Done the tutorial, then went straight online. I was suprised to find
that it is 3rd person view[:O] I played the complete joke version that
was released on the PS2 and that was in 1st person view?? It still
seemed good, just need to get used to it. Prefer COD2 at the moment.

I also downloaded the Prey demo. Single player mode seemed interesting. Liked all the anti-gravity[H]

The multiplayer mode had a few issues, mainly lots of lag. Hopefully that will all be sorted out when its released.....??

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Done the tutorial, then went straight online. I was suprised to find that it is 3rd person view[:O] I played the complete joke version that was released on the PS2 and that was in 1st person view?? It still seemed good, just need to get used to it. Prefer COD2 at the moment.
lol, its shocking on the PS2 isnt it!! [:D]

Well, u can change it to FPS in the setting! press pause, then its in there somewhere! i cant get on with it in 3rd person view, so changed it myself! Make it much better! Even though it looks better graphics, gameplay in 3rd person, cos u see the guy running about, leaning round corners and rolling around on the ground!

Still, enjoy!!

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ahh nice one Paul. I didn't know you could change it[:$] That should make things alot better[Y]

And yes, the PS2 version was terrible[:O] I played it for an hour
online, then took it back and demanded a refund. I actually felt robbed
of my money. Complete joke.

Glad the 360 version is nothing like it...[Y]

·
Registered
627 Posts
Been playing the 360 version of GRAW all eve and it's pretty good for the most part.. cept the joypad has nearly gone through the TV a few times in frustration. It's far too bloody hard in places I think!

Had about 20 or 30 goes on one part this eve and have now thrown in the towel. I like a challenge but I also like to be allowed to progress through games.. this one has serious evil difficulty spikes.

Maybe one day there'l be a game for the 360 that I don't complain about ;) Nice graphics though.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I haven't really played GRAW at all yet. I done the first mission and played it a few times online but much prefer COD2.

Also picked up PGR3 yesterday. What a fantastic game.

Along with those 2 and Hexic & Geometry Wars, GRAW has took a back seat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts