Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went into work this morning my mate comes up and asks me am i still looking for a 360,to which i relpy does a bear s**t in the woods..he then proceeds to tell me i can have his as its too much of a distraction for doing work around the house.make him a offer he sais,i reply cant be buyer and seller.you tell what you want and we will go from there.ok he sais how about ?260 with a game[:S],bear in mind its only three weeks old.i think the phrase snap,arm and off spring to mind..that reminds me must get a lottery ticket feeling lucky today.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
great deal you've got yourself there! just makesure he's not selling it cos the ring of light is red and not green! [:D]

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'll pick up a 360 when they release Halo for it... Good price btw. I was tempted I must admit, but there didn't seem to be any games out for it worth having so I cancelled my pre-order. It all seemed to be EA roster-update 2006 this rubbish plus a few sequels.
So disapointed with the 360 launch list.. there's nothing new there!!!

Til then, it's Nintendo DS all the way, well til Revolution appears. Nintendo DS.. in my mind, honestly the best thing to happen to the games market since the PS1 arrived.

I work in the games industry, I'm a games programmer.. This EA rehash
sequel ethic isn't helping us, we want to do original stuff that you'd
think WOW when you played it, but the EAs of this world hold the purse
strings and make us do boring stuff.

Still.. not all bad news, Sony are about to release Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2. I've got an import. It's a masterpiece.. it's pure art! It's this kind of stuff that the next-gen games should be aiming towards... not Tiger Woods, Fifa or yet another Ridge Racer.

Sorry.. I ranted!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Hear where you're coming from but you are missing out. Kameo and PGR3
are fantastic games. Condemned is very cool if a little short and samey
once you've got through the first section. In the next couple of months
there will be Gears of War which looks amazing, Dead Rising which I
reckon will be one of the best titles this year, Blazing Angels (a WW2
air shooter), etc. Add to that the fact that you can network the xbox
and stream hi-def video from your pc and you've got a very good bit of
kit.

The DS is great fun but its not as immersive an experience as the xbox. Mariokart is damn good fun.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
After initially being sceptical about the 360, a 30 minute play of PGR3 was all i needed to convince me!

This week i've sold both my DS and PS2 to make way for it!

True, there isn't a great deal of originality in the launch games, but that will no doubt come with time.

I only had a couple of hours to play last night (damn these 12hr shifts), but i absolutely adore PGR3 - for outright 'fun', i think it beats GT4 hands down to be honest.

The whole dashboard and Live setup is brilliant too, really really impressed. Only had a short go playing Live and was very impressed. The FREE demos are also a brilliant idea.

Very very impressed. The only niggle i have so far, is that having one wireless and one wired pad, the wired pad if you leave it plugged in always gets set as P1 when i want it to be P2, doh.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Well you know the answer to that Chris - buy a second wireless one [:p]

I was lucky enough to be given a second wireless controller by my mate
who had 3. He was sent the 3rd by Microshaft as a form of compensation
for the monumental balls up of his 360 - he's on his 3rd one now and
its been dealt with very poorly by MS.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I trawled town to try and find one and the best i found was GAME who would pre-order me one for a couple of weeks, what good's that!

So i had to get a wired one, doesnt matter to me like, wont be using it! lol

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Bugger, didn't realise they were in such short supply. The accessories
thing is a bit of a farce really. No cables or anything anywhere. I've
been waiting for a wireless network adaptor but still no idea when I'm
going to get one.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
It is a bit of a joke isn't it. I only managed to get an RGB Scart by chance off avforums!

Both GAME stores in Newcastle had NO 360 accessories at all, no pads, no memory cards, no leads - ridiculous.

I managed to get my pad from Virgin... and they had quite a few wireless adapters too, have you tried a local Virgin? (hee hee!)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hear where you're coming from but you are missing out. Kameo and PGR3
are fantastic games.
Played Kameo and wasn't that fussed.. seen better, similar games on N64
PGR, never been a fan... but I'm in a minority I know! Seen the 360 version, looks nice and the engine sounds are stunning but it's just yet anuva driving game to me guv and I get bored of ev very quickly! Got a whole 3 hrs solid gameplay out of GT4!
I do love the HD visuals of the 360 (not loving the choppy framerates though, whats the deal with that?!!).. but what I really wanna see is some genuinely original games. Something that really takes the raw power of the new machine and pushes the boat out to do something different! Or at least take one of the current gen's most sparkly games and turn it into something special. [:)]

There's potential there, Gears of War does look interesting. But the launch titles were frighteningly average I reacon. Need some good Japanese games onto it.. then we'll see some mental stuff with crazy bright colours! DOA's out soon I believe.. ace!
Oh.. and it needs Halo

·
Registered
627 Posts
Looks amazing. From the crazy mind of the bloke who did Space Channel 5, Meteos, Luminies and Rez (my favorite!)
On the Japanese games front, I think the PS3 will deliver far more.. but time will tell.

BTW, noticed Game in Derby had 360s in stock at the weekend. Just Core systems mind.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
PS3 may have some better stuff but are you willing to pay the pricetag
for it? Estimated rrp in the states is $799. If that translates the way
things usually do when they come over here we could be looking at
almost ?800 for a games console. I doubt it will really be that
expensive but there's no way they'll be able to make it near the xbox
price. The cheapest blue ray player in the states will be $499 so can't
see a games console getting in at much less.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts