Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this yet? I went last night and thought it was great, not sure whether it follows the original comics but is definately worth seeing!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It was good, a bit dissapointed that it seemed to make it's own story up. Didn't think it was as good as the last two it had lost some of the atmosphere or something.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I just saw it and thought it was quite good.

rounded off the set quite well and unlike the other 2 i am unsure whether they'll continue it

·
Registered
122 Posts
As an old Xmen fan, well disappointed! Seemed to use crazy parts of a few different Xmen story lines and put characters in for no good reason! As a film without knowing the Xmen history? Well worth watching for Wolverine and Beast alone :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Are the other X-men films any good ???? I have not seen 1 or 2 yet so is it worth renting them

any thoughts appreciated

Jay

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
not at all, they are easy to watch and you don't have to know any x-men stuff as i was never really a comic fan yet love these films

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I thought it was ok, could have been better, I agree though they did add a lot of the comics stories in which made it quite poor... But Wolverine is the Don![Y]

Mann I wish they introduce Gambit! [:(]

They have left it open for another x-men though...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Compared to the other two, I felt it was much darker with more death and destruction. It did seem a little strange that they were so willing to kill off old characters and introduce new so blatantly. Overall, I would say it is entertaining and well worth watching as a big budget Hollywood production....but lacks the real comic book spice if you are that way inclined.

Rumours are that the next one will solely be a Wolverine special.

·
Registered
122 Posts
EZ Now Deadlock longtime no hear :D.  Yeah Gambit and the newer X-men would've been so much better than the confused nonsense that was going on in this storyline.  They should've hit it with Apocalypse that would've killed it.  Wolverine will be a hit though

·
Registered
670 Posts
I thought it was good. I was also surprised they were so eager to kill of cyclops and xavier (coz they arent that impt!??) and give angel and some no name brotherhood mutants the spotlight for about 2 minutes each and not develop any new characters! It would have been nice to see Bobby turn in to a full ICEMAN character and Vinny was a bit cheezy.

Lots of very neccesary nudity which I applaud!! (Famke and Rebecca oh yes!) [:)]

Deadlock - not that your bias or anything [;)] but I agree that Gambit would have been a straight forward inclusion - he's one of my faves.

I am looking forward to IRONMAN - hope thats good

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Yo Equalz yeah i'm good mate!, I'm very busy since my job change at work so not on here much![:(] But yes still training, Practicing pole form at the mo... and my arms are battered from training - oyu would think it gets eaiser! No chance!

Flex; I'm not bias (lol) he's only my fave ! [Y] Wolverine is amazing though!

But yeah I was like why kill off Cyclops??? and Bobbys "slight" say hello to Mr Ice!! was good and got me a tad excited! Those who know, will know that ICE Man is one of the strongest X -Men!

But no doubt there will be another one! too many little 'bits' to just leave it at that. espically at the end of the film...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Complete mess of a film. As a fan of the comics, I feel they pissed all over Phoenix and made her look like a small-time loser the way she was dealt with.

The "cure" storyline was interesting but deserved it's own film and not to be mixed with the Phoenix story.

Too many new characters at once also means you never really get any affinity with them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I thought it was good. I was also surprised they were so eager to kill of cyclops and xavier (coz they arent that impt!??) and give angel and some no name brotherhood mutants the spotlight for about 2 minutes each and not develop any new characters! It would have been nice to see Bobby turn in to a full ICEMAN character and Vinny was a bit cheezy.

Lots of very neccesary nudity which I applaud!! (Famke and Rebecca oh yes!) [:)]

Deadlock - not that your bias or anything [;)] but I agree that Gambit would have been a straight forward inclusion - he's one of my faves.

I am looking forward to IRONMAN - hope thats good
Angel was a founding member of the Xmen and Calisto and co. are big time Xmen characters from the Morlocks!!! They just made a complete mess of all these characters. As for Juggernaut he is Xaviers brother and had to be CGI to do him Justice, Vinnie is no where big enough lol!

Glad your still training Deadlock, i'm off to Hong Kong again for a full month in October and will be training with my Grandmaster for a full month :p cant wait bro. I'll hook u up on msn with the rest of the vids m8 :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.