Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1101 Posts

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
Hi guys and girls

I have been a member on here a while now so i thought id start to make a build thread [ :)]

1st car: golf mk4 1.4 16v - Dragon Green

MODS

1. Debadged "golf" on the boot
  2. Private plate
  3. Aero front wipers
  4. de-wipered rear
  5. AP coiovers
  6. BBS LM reps alloys (5mm front fk spacers)
  7. D.I.Y Us rub strip
  8. L.E.D number plate bulbs - white

I then sold this car and decided to upgrade to a 1.8T

2nd car: Golf mk4 1.8T AUM - Jazz Blue

MODS

1. Private Plate
  2. Cone Air filter
  3. Aero front wipers
  4. R-line Bonnet Bra
  5. Heko Wind Deflectors
  6. AP Coilovers
  7. BBS LM reps alloys (10mm front fk spacers, 20mm Rear Spacers)
  8. L.E.D number plate bulbs - white
  9. Front Anni Valance
  10. Silicon TIP
  11. 5 Piece silicon boost kit
  12. Forge 008 dv
  13. PCV simplification with catch can
  14. SAI delete
  15. EVAP delete
  16. N249 delete
  17. N112 delete
  18. Rear genuine Anni valance
  19. Milltek cat back (Anni tip)
  20. R32 interior - Black full leather
  21. Powerflex rear beam bushes
  22. 3" milltek downpipe + sports cat
  23. New Wishbones + bushes
  24. Bora Sport clocks
  25. Air Ride - Airlift slam xl - V1 management
  26. DEPO projector Headlights
  27. 6000k H.I.D kit
  28. Bora flush vents
  29. Boost gauge
  30. Sound system + boot build
  31. Front mount intercooler (Not yet fitted)
  32. Sachs VR6 clutch / G60 flywheel (Not yet fitted)

Here is how the 1.4 started off in march 2009

83765204.jpg

after a few weeks of having her i decided that i want to get a private reg plate. Originally i set my heart on W90 DUB, however as my car is a 99 plate i could not have W reg [:(] luckily i also loved V90 MPW [<:eek:)] . so few days later i had this

94394567.jpg

...excuse the next picture lol, grandad wanted a picture with the car haha [:)]

90944080.jpg

so now was time to do some modding to the car, after alot of question and answer sessions with you guys, i decided to lower her. here is what i went with.

69751132.jpg

cheers for looking

mat

·
Registered
208 Posts
i wish id done a build thread. my golf (to me) looks awesome compared to what it did 9 months ago when i bought it. most of the work i did was fitting the intercooler and swapping bumpers but never got pictures inbetween. oh well...

grandparent pics are always - 'ahhhh, what a nice lad' when really youre nothing like the picture depicts lol

keep it up! looks good![Y]

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now after a few restful nights wishing i could fit my new suspension, the weekend finaly arrived.

Posted Image

Posted Image

quick shot of mine and mums golfs after the suspension was fitted

Posted Image

few months down the line and alot of decision making i decided to order ....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers

mat

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wish id done a build thread. my golf (to me) looks awesome compared to what it did 9 months ago when i bought it. most of the work i did was fitting the intercooler and swapping bumpers but never got pictures inbetween. oh well...

grandparent pics are always - 'ahhhh, what a nice lad' when really youre nothing like the picture depicts lol

keep it up! looks good!
ye iv been wanting to do one for ages, so as im bored tonight i thought BUILD THREAD [:)]

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
firstly when i got the wheels i decided to see how they fitted. i decided to do the rears first. things went to plan and they fitted perfect (need rear spacers for a better stance), but apart from that i loved them to bits.

Posted Image

Posted Image

after fitting the rears i tried the fronts..unfortunatley i didnt do my homework on the offsets. i dint realise i would need 5mm spacers [:(] after a bit of shouting and swearing and unhappyness i took the wheels back off and put them in the box.

few days later a friend mentioned he had some spare 5mm's that i could have [:D] was over the moon so ran home and decided to get fitting...so heres the outcome

Posted Image

Posted Image

i love how it sits now and could just do with tiny bit more lowering and some rear spacers, then im on to a winner [Y]

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
once i was happy with no rubbing, i decided to lower the front and rears all way down.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now i had just lowered it in time as me and a group of friends were going to "Bugjam" a few weeks after. we go every year and its wicked tbh!

heres a shot in b&q car park where we all met up for the convoy down

Posted Image

I LOVE THIS PIC [:D]

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now heres some real DIY that im currently doing myself woooo lol

as a little mess about i decided to have a go at making my own US style rub strip. sooo, i took a trip to the local scrap yard and golt another front rub strip from a golf mk4. once i got home i took my front strip off

Posted Image

easy to do, just get a screwdriver with a bit of kitchen roll over the edge so you dont ruin the paint.

next i got the new rub strip and cut it into 4 sections

Posted Image

next i did the same with my old rubstrip and cut out the number plate recess

Posted Image

i then cut down two pieces from the rubstrip from the scrappers the same size as the number plate recess and just checked for size

Posted Image

next i lined two of the pieces up and taped them with duct tape, also used a drill to make a small velley all the way down so that i can plastic weld the pieces together

Posted Image

did the same for all 4 pieces and woolah! (added a small bit of primer to see all the pimples and holes etc that need to be covered)

Posted Image

currently still doing this so i will keep you updated when she is finished [Y]

thanks for looking

mat

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just tonight i have neen to pick up such a bargain from a friend..he works at bmw and some of the people there do a spot of rallying, so when then dont want their old things he buys the stuff worth having and can either keep them or sell them to people like...ME [:D]

so got these for 80 squid!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

just need to fit them soon and will keep you posted

thanks again

mat

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
@SprintMPW
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OOPS, yesterday i changed the brake pads as they were totally SHOT! that went according to plan but how ever as i was putting the wheels back on i didnt realise that the spacers were over lapping the new pads (as they were really thick)

i tightened the wheel and i thought hmm this doesnt feel normal, then .....................SNAP! the spacer snapped [:mad:]

so now i cant run the new wheels as they touch the strut nooo [:(] , luckily dad jumped straight on the pc and ordered some new 5mm fk spacers. hopefully here by tuesday [Y]

mat

1 - 20 of 1101 Posts