Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has been said many times before BUT, this stuff is awesome!! Normally i just use megs nxt wax after washing, but today i tried out the clearkote vanilla moose wax hand glaze, and i have to say, it's the best finish i have ever seen on my car!

It's even easier to use than meg nxt! It gives far better results, and you can use it on the whole of the exterior of your car, this (for me) is what sets it aside from other wax products. Amazing!

Here are a few pics, they still don't do the finish justice!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[:)]

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just received my Harly wax (thanks to escy). Im giving that a go today, over the handglaze. I've done the boot and back, but can't find enough shade to do the rest! It's looking good so far.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had some brown staines on one of my alloys and i tried everything to get it off... then yesterday i rubbed some Vanilla Hand Glaze onto the stains they they vanished, didnt even need to rub that hard, going to use it on my alloys again if i find anymore break dust staines.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Glad your happy with the handglaze, I have been using it for years.

As above you will get even jucier results if you use a cab based wax over it, the cleakote wax is very good value for money too.

As for the hanglaze on the wheels, I do that as a matter of course when I wax my car your right, does transform them and protects the finish too.

Great product all round and one of the easiest to take off, zero marks :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Elliott how do you put the hand glaze on? same as on the bottle?

Using horizontal and vertical sweeps or just the same as wax (in one direction only)

Thanks for your help

Tam

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, i was a little confused by this too. I used a foam applicator and worked panel by panel (not leaving it on for too long). I worked it in horizontal and vertical sweeps with hardly any pressure where possible. Obviously certain areas like the grille, i just went over once, in what ever direction was easiest.

HTH

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmm, other than those two i'm not sure where you can get it. The cleanyourcar site may be up and running soon, you never know!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah unfortunately the website along with lots of others has gone down this morning which is annoying.

Hopefully it will be back up very soon though. It's a great product and I'd reccomend toppingit off with the Carnauba moose wax for a really rich wet finish.

Cheers Tim

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Graeme,

you should try and get these babies in! they would sell like hot cakes!

I ordered myself a meguiars chemille mitt today! i hope this is better than the lambs wool one! [:$]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Theres no shortage... We had a delivery this week ;)

VMW does have some competition with the new Prima Amigo Polymer Glaze though!
Ahh back from hols are ya!! hope you had a good time!! soo what's this Prima Amigo stuff all about then? am I going to be spending more money??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts