Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lastnight i gave amd one last shot and decided to email them directly through their internet site and complain about the lack of reply and communciation plus as a uk-mkiv member this silence was not helping there image. well i got a reply from the director of amd asking for my mobile number so he can call me and try and reslove the problem eg he realised that amd aren't getting good words on the forums at the mo and needs to clear this one up. has anyone else had one click problems so i can have some back up? cheers

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Well this is looking promising, you still should receive a full refund and a little extra to go towards your inconvenience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any chance of divulging the problem Ian? I'm thinking of taking a trip up there someday soon, but may look elsewhere if other people are having problems...

Hope you are sorted soon[8D]

Ed

·
Registered
614 Posts
I will back you up they left me with out my car for one week.I could not get my air bag light off and car would not start so they had to pick my car up and take it to there work shop.I had to hire a car at my expence ?100 well thet could off give me a free strut brace

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I don't know what their priority is at the moment but not too many years back AMD had a reputation, from people I know who had used them, of only being interested in BMW's and more exotic machines. VW seemed to be run of the mill stuff to them and their service, apparently reflected that.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I am surprised most companies have email addresses on their sites as they must get loads of emails and struggle to find time to read them.

If you have a grievance it is far better to phone IMO...

Scott

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yep I too have had my problems with AmD, however it's only becuase they're good that they're so busy...

It's difficult when you have a reputation as high as AmD's was when I went there a couple of years ago becuase everyone's desperate to go there. I understand it's difficult to get the balance right between accepting all these customers and providing the correct level of attention to detail and customer service. I think this is something AmD were having trouble with simply as they were doing too much buisness!

Maybe one day I'll go back there as they have some great technical staff.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Quote: posted by DUB T20 on 28/09/2004 23:49:08

I don't know what their priority is at the moment but not too many years back AMD had a reputation, from people I know who had used them, of only being interested in BMW's and more exotic machines. VW seemed to be run of the mill stuff to them and their service, apparently reflected that.

Any company worth its salt treats all customers alike, regardless of their buying power and in this case, whether they drive a BMW or a VW.

If AMD do behave like this, I would use another tuner.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Also the comments about the staff I dont feel are true any longer either, regardless if they cant provide the service they offer why give them anymore buisness.

It seems that they have been given a lot of slack for no particular reason bar there past history and not there current, on that basis I would not use them.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote: posted by PJ52GLY on 28/09/2004 23:00:02

I will back you up they left me with out my car for one week.I could not get my air bag light off and car would not start so they had to pick my car up and take it to there work shop.I had to hire a car at my expence ?100 well thet could off give me a free strut brace

thats excatly what happened with my golf. almost word for word. except amd told me to go to vw to try and sort it out rather than take the car in. thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts