Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's exactly what a guy in Spain has just paid for a new R32 sat in a showroom at a VW dealer near Birmingham.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Jeez that's crazy money for a Golf! Not a chance i'd pay that much for one when the same sort of cash could buy an Audi RS4...[;)]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
It's been there for several weeks. Why's he bought it when he lives in Spain? And has he got more money than sense?[:S]

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
VW are keeping these in very short supply. My dealer in Scarborough has been allocated 3 for this year, and has sold them all. He as one sat on the forcourt, which is not sold, and which they are "just keeping." Presumably they would take offers of this kind!

·
Registered
22 Posts
VW are keeping these in very short supply. My dealer in Scarborough has been allocated 3 for this year, and has sold them all. He as one sat on the forcourt, which is not sold, and which they are "just keeping." Presumably they would take offers of this kind!
It seems this is the same story all round - tried to work out a trade up on by 04/54 GTI on a new R32 but the numbers just don't make sense - the R32 was faily basic spec - 5-dr, metallic, leather and no autochanger - list price and not a particularily great offer on my GTI - (5dr, Met Black, leather, Sat Nav, 12.5k miles).

Not convinced that the R32 is a massive leap forward.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
the new R32 is clearly not as good looking as the old one!!!!!!

do you think this website will see as many mkVs being dun up to look like the mkV R32 as we have seen mkIVs being dun like R32s?

·
Registered
566 Posts
For ?35k, would get myself a Boxster 987 or even a Carrera 996 for that matter! Am seriously thinking about a MkIV R32 tho.'

~ Maxie

·
Registered
207 Posts
For ?35k, would get myself a Boxster 987 or even a Carrera 996 for that matter! Am seriously thinking about a MkIV R32 tho.'

~ Maxie
Yes, but how practicle are those Porsches? The Boxster I had was great, but only room for two and a shopping bag. Hence I got a TT coupe, which was better made, more practicle and better looking. Price wise, well the TT was ?28k and the Bxster S I had cost me ?34k and was two years old at time of purchase, the TT was new of course. So, not really a very good comparison between second hand Porkers and a stuplidy priced R32 Golf. I'd be more inclined to compare a ?34k Golf R32 to something like a nearly new Audi S4, BMW M3, etc. both better cars (for ?34k) than the R32 in too many ways to list here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wouldn't even pay the basic price of ?25K for one, they are heavier, thirstier more complicated and less nimble than a GTi, and for 25K I rather be in a decent used E46 M3.

At least the GTi is reasonable value for money.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
?35k? That would buy you a brand new BMW 330Ci Sport with an array of
choice options....its even pushing new Audi S4 money. Some people do
far too much crack.

There's one up for 34k at Listers in Worcester.
Got to be the most ridiculous dealer in the whole of the UK? They reguarly have kitted cars at stupid money.

When I was
shopping for my old Bora V6, they had a nearly new one with very low
miles,
full Oettinger kit and 19" BBS CHs but no Xenons, Satnav or Recaros.
Booked at about ?16k. What did they want? ?22,995! It dropped all the
way to ?16,995 before I saw it dissapear off Autotrader...and didn't
they have one of the early MKV 5 Doors with a Caractere kit for mental
money?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Don't forget the DMS re-map included in that price MOB[6].

I've said it on many occasions simply that there's too many other really good cars for that money to be looking at a Golf.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
i think if i was spending that much money i would prefer a ......Porsche

And then if i did by one i certainly wouldnt be worrying about if there was room for passangers and shopping bags .............lol

A Porsche is a Porsche For a reason ...................[;)]

Oh an no i wouldnt spend 34 grand on a mkv r32...............[:)]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts