Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just want to see how much interest i could generate here by offering custom sill plates for 3 and 5 door mkiv's

They would be made from stainless steel and and your choice of lettering would be sand blasted into the surface or maybe vinyl in red.

Appreciate any thoughts you guys have and will post some pics when i do my own?

Cheers,

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see no reason why not.

I am a fabricator in stainless steel and mild steel so shouldn't be a problem

thanks,

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi thanks for the input.

I'm just thinking of them being self adhesive as any other way would leave holes in the sill trim but i suppose that would be to the choice of the owner. Customer could decide when ordering.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
You make stuff out of stainless steel? How cool is that! [H] You could design and sell all manner of parts and accessories that people on here would be interested in. A sump guard is the first thing that springs to mind.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Likewise I'm sure there will be interest, just depends how much they are / what type of material and what logo's can be produced.

I'm sure I saw some R Line door guard trims for sale on ebay recently - maybe they are already out there and it's not worth the R&D?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
would def be interested as ive been looking for one' s with  v6 4motion, or just 4Motion  on , but they dont do them anywhere ,

·
Registered
965 Posts
I would be interested as said already dependant on design/logo/price
and quality etc been after some for a bit just
never found the right look.

[:D]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts