Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any worthwhile mods?

Was thinking about de-catting the exhaust. Hoping it would give it a nice noise. Suppose I'm just thinking trial and error.

Do hope to get a 20vt in but could be a few months off yet. Mainly thinking what can I upgrade, not looking to spend thousands but just a little bit to bide me over till the possible 20valve!

Cheers guys :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
not worth doing anything to the 2l engine imo, save the money towards new car

Or you can spend on interior/exterior styling parts if you want then you can transfer over if buying another mk4

If you decat you will need to have a pal to do your mot

·
Registered
381 Posts
A panel filter will make a small difference in both sound and performance. The biggist thing I would say is making sure your spark plugs, ht leads and the coil pack are all in tiptop shape. My coil pack had multiple cracks and after replacing I could notice the difference.

The exhaust on the APK relies on a certain amount of back pressure to run correctly so only specific exhausts are reccomended.

As everyone will say the I little to gain on a naturally aspirated engine unless you drop ££££'s on a superchrger.

Unlike everyone will say it Is a decent engine with plenty of power. I would agree that it is underpowered for its size but still has more than enough. I have no issues with the acceleration or power available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote user="VictorE"]

not worth doing anything to the 2l engine imo, save the money towards new car

Or you can spend on interior/exterior styling parts if you want then you can transfer over if buying another mk4

If you decat you will need to have a pal to do your mot

[/quote]

haha I can get my mots done ;) Yeah never even noticed my sig was that size, I'll change it now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.