Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Faeces?? Really worried as it has happened twice now and after googling it came up with some worrying things it could be. Sorry to post about this but need all the reassurance i can get, i'm not going to sleep tonight! [:|] Will go and see a doctor tommorrow, but has anyone else had this? and what was the cause??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bright red blood can just be what they call an "anal fissure" basically a tiny crack in your ringpiece (Not serious usually and will clear up within a short amount of time. Stop straining, wiping your arse so aggresively and eat more roughage[Y]). Dark blood can indicate (but not always) other causes.

Best always to get the Doc to take a good look at it.

HTH lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
Although golfgirl will be able to tell you more, I used to work as a 999 call taker for the ambulance and know enough to say that regular blood in urine or faeces is definately something to get checked out. I personally would call your doctor's surgery/GP right now and book an appointment (the sooner the better). It's probably something easily treatable and manageable but its better to be safe.

I'm suffering at the moment with bladder inflammation and its quite uncomfortable...I start a new job on Monday that involves a 140 mile round trip every day for 4 weeks :/

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
I know one thing, Googling symptoms can scare you big time. It's best to ignore internet advice until you've been diagnosed properly. Try not to worry about it until youve seen a quack. But make sure you do so soon.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Was it actually in it or just on the paper? The latter would probably be less serious, i.e just a tear in the lining as was said above, but go to your GP either way, maybe phone first and see if they want a sample to save you going back twice.

Hope all is well.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
As others have said, get to the doctors ASAP, good idea about phoning first if they want a sample.

Blood actually in the stool (as opposed to not in stool, but just on paper) is never a good thing and should be checked out. Could be a number of causes, from scary ones to easily treatable bacterial infections.

You really need to see a doc and get tests done I think before making any asumptons.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Thats a sign of Bowel cancer, id had a similar panic attack once, turned out to be down to the amount of spicy food Id been eating, Habanero chillies mess you up dig time

Get down the docs asap to be sure

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It may be a sign of bowel cancer but its also a sign of about 100 different conditions so it may not be anything to worry about at all. Fresh blood is commonly colitis which is inflammation of the large bowel and could be diet related. Obviously best to get checked out but don't worry unduly about it.

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
As above, don't panic too much - it could be something serious but it could also turn out to be something easily sorted. However, get to the docs, they know more about these things than 99% of us on here!

Just to try and put your mind at rest, I know someone who had the same symptoms and it turned out to be too much straining and "going" too often causing a tearing of the small blood vessels (apparently).

Good luck, hope all goes well at the docs.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Dam, Its backfired (excuse the pun)

On a similar but different note, did you know that the cases of Male rape is on the increase [:|]

I tell you what, if some body tried that with me I'd clench my cheeks that tight it would rip it off [8o|]

·
Registered
314 Posts
Don't worry about it too much, but go to a Doctor and seek their advice. Don't scare yourself by reading up too much about all sorts of different illnesses on the Internet. Best thing you can do is see the Doctor, but also it wouldnt hurt to eat healthily and get proper rest. If your Doctor doesnt really know what it could be, then maybe ask for a consultation at a Hospital and maybe even ask about an Endoscopy, yes I know it's not really nice, but like the mechanics of a car - you don't know until you look.

I've been there and done it, I've got an Irritable Bowel Disease and unfortunately I had a Doctor who didnt know what it was, luckily everything is totally under control.

Most importantly, don't worry.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers guys.

Doesnt look like its anything serious, havent been feeling ill, no other symptoms and look pretty well, so doctor reckons its probably haemorroids common in students apparently who have a bad diet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts