Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant believe somebody took the title away from the polish guy, he looked undefeatable!

And it was an American too, I feel for the poor guy, he didn't look all that happy!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Its about time the competition got a bit closer.

Marius has had it his way for too long.

Wouldn't tell him though[:S]

I don't think it could have been much closer though as there was only about a half a second between them. Good viewing[Y]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah you have to hand it to these guys, what they can lift and their shear size is phenomenal, takes some real dedication! I saw the Polish guy on an interview one day, and he trains 6 hours a day!!!! And eats a stupid ammount of food!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah, you can't question the commitment of them, they really put in the effort to get to the level they're at. I always try to watch strongmen competitions, I like seeing how far the human body can be pushed, this year's was 1 of the best I've ever seen, to have 1 person win it when his rival was a split second behind him was great to watch.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
What about the american guy who was only 20! How many roids has he consumed...

Shame for Marius but I am sure he will be back. He is one of the few that actually encourages the other competitors, ok normally after he has just thrashed them! It was good to see that Phil also did this in a few of the events!

J.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Scary when you think of how much strain their putting their bodies under. But you got to respect them for their commitment to training.

Some of the athletes now look more like bodybuilders than strongmen, especially when you look at Strongman years ago, they were all quite "tubby" (don't want to offend anyone... they're bigger than me!!) [:)]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
There's a few of the newer competitors that are more cut.

I don't think thats the end of Mariusz he's done 5 and won 3 so thats still quite a good set of stats!

J.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Who was the Swedish (?) guy that died? Was it Sigmarsson? Urban legend was that his heart exploded under strain while training, tho I very much doubt it!? Any cardiologists out there?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Not sigmarson but one of the swedes died from heart failure ???

Chances are pfister will get pulled for drugs anyway he is to past it to have been competitive this year without a little help from our friends....

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Yes they all are but they all come off it in the run up thats why super mario could not enter two years ago as he was over the limit so to speak.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Marius did compete but lost didnt he came 2nd and was pulled for drugs anywa???

Bottom line is that they all do the "juice", its not possible to be that big and strong without it... I think that strong man and bodybuilding are meeting though... Events are becoming more athletic and thats why we see more defined competitors. No doubt marius works very hard with his nutrition to stay lean, but I would also assume its the by the amount of products he consumes....

Was good viewing and for those of you that think they will overthrow a "new" face, nah.... to risky! hands the reigns back to Marius and takes the excitement out of it. How do you think they allowed arnold to come back to bodybuiling in 82 and regain his mr olypia title after 5 years away..... they knew he was "geared" up!.....

Its like boxing and other sports its pre determined with results for things like that

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Nope he did not compete at the final that year at all I think he qualified but was removed from the final due to being over the limit.

Pfister will retire now anyway and will probably not even enter next year leave on a high so to speak, wenta shows some real promise as does holland so we will wait and see I will be entering next year so keep them peeled

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yeah sorry, thats what I meant... competed but not the final...

You think they'd think... hmmm there are one or two Poles that train together and seem to be pretty good.... lets pop over and ask them what they do hahahah

If Felix sorts his technique out he should be immense... his power is pretty impressive! Wide squats and dead lifts must kill his glutes, but it helps for a tall man to do that!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Im in training for the 2008 World Strongest Man and im currently bein trained by Britains 10th strongest man Gary Adams and he is best mates with Terry Hollands from dartford that came seventh in the world strongest man! As from next monday il be training with both Gary and Terry! they have both told me they are all on the gear!

The current dead lift weight you have to be able to lift to enter the competition is 175kg, i currenlty lift 150kg so im not far off! Lol.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
If you are the same person I meet at the dartford meet you must have been wearing some very big clothes to hide that bulk ????

If you are serious good luck to you

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
The current dead lift weight you have to be able to lift to enter the competition is 175kg, i currenlty lift 150kg so im not far off! Lol.
Really? How many reps? 175kg isn't a great deal, gonna have to see how much I can dead lift now...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts