Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Finally old enough to buy and insure the car I always wanted just brought a 3 door mkiv tdi 130 128,000 miles, full vw service history for £2550 :) I think its a bargain. a few niggles for me like only one key and the interior light doesnt work but thats why im here.

Iv read the faq about replacement keys could someone provide the key cutting / coding etc (basically full replacement service) for a decent price in the midlands? Iv also read a bit about the MTE mod and cluster lights mod so would like to get that done for a crate of fosters

Anyways great resource this

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picked the car up today after seeing it on fleabay. Very impressed on the driving it home, few little niggles which I was told about to be fair these are;

scratch down passenger side (not deep) - this will be sorted soon

main reading lights dont work i have checked all three bulbs they are fine but the lights in the back work any ideas? fuse?

the car smells of dog bad and is full of dog hair + dust - may valet

drivers window clip is broken

oh and one key but i have just ordered a complete virgin replacement

Good points are;

Cruise + climate + 6 cd

Just serviced

12 months tax 12 month mot

Interior is immaculate (under the dust and dog hair)!

full vw service history

Anyway little pic off my blackberry for those who dont know what a 3dr mkiv looks like [H]

Im sure I wll have plenty of questions for you all

Mark

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi All,

Finally old enough to buy and insure the car I always wanted just brought a 3 door mkiv tdi 130 128,000 miles, full vw service history for £2550 :) I think its a bargain. a few niggles for me like only one key and the interior light doesnt work but thats why im here.

Iv read the faq about replacement keys could someone provide the key cutting / coding etc (basically full replacement service) for a decent price in the midlands? Iv also read a bit about the MTE mod and cluster lights mod so would like to get that done for a crate of fosters

Anyways great resource this

Mark
I have just got mine and have same niggles like interior light. Also make sure that the cam belt has been changed. If it hasn't make it your priority. Welcome to the forums though I am still a newbie here. and their really helpful around here enjoy !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts