Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have this morning done some insurance quotes. I've ranged from silly prices to quite good, to one that will definately get my money with no qualms at all!

Run down:
1.8T standard apart from 18" wheels, which I don't bother telling them about
Y reg 2001...Insure it with a value of ?6000
13,000 miles a year
24 year old driver, 3 points for speeding, 4 years no claims
Car parked on drive in the lowest risk area there is
Dad insured to bring it down a bit.

Egg = 624 per year, ?698 via monthly payments.
Tesco = 678 per year ?740 via monthly payments
Elephant = ?980 per year, didnt bother looking at monthly!
One of those 'we will search for the best quote for you = best quote ?1200 (yer great!)
Adrian Flux = ?640 per year, stupid high interest monthly payments

Privilege ?424 per year, 0% interest means also ?424 per monthly payments [:D][:D][:D]

Absolutely stonkingly good stuff!!!! That includes a ?150 compulsory excess and a ?200 voluntary excess, legal cover and a guranteed courtesy car.

If you have 4 years no cliaims DO try this company out! I was absolutely amazed and will be buying my insurance from them there is no doubt about it.

Yah hoo! [:p]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Well done mate, sounds pretty good to me

Adrian Flux = ?640 per year, stupid high interest monthly payments
So true. Extortionate payments, its better to put it on a credit
card. I won't be going back to Adrian Flux, all a bit low tech and
paperwork happy for my liking, not to mention charging for every little
thing. Priveledge refused to insure me...., but Im paying ?565 FC
with Directline and they do 0% too. 23, 6yrs NCB but I think they
stop counting at 5 yrs. Is the Priveledge policy mod friendly?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why wouldnt they insure you? High risk area or something? I did a quote on the 2.8 4motion just to see what they came up with and privaliege came up with ?523. It's a high group car and I had no probs whatsoever.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Insurance companies mate, I guess it depends on their risk profile,
they said they didn't cover under 25s on this car. Adrian Flux couldn't
find a company that would either...Im very happy with Directline so far though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am with Adrian Flux with my car (Orig a 130PD). A lot of paperwork wanted to know every tiny mod, who it was done by yardy yarda.

Anyway all said and done, me 22, 3 points 4 years ago, no accidents or claims but only 2 years no claims insured for ?9,999 garenteed.

I put my g/f on as well to bring down the price (23 and clean as a whistle).

?530 12 months fully comp.

With EVERY MOD DECLAIRED inc Hybrid Turbo. Wanted to see RR graphs to prove the 210 BHP though?

Now when you take into account the next best qoute was ?1300 and the worst was over ?3000, i can't be happier!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Im with Adrian Flux and find them very good

1.8T ,17" wheels 12000miles per year ?424 with 150 XS

No paperwork just a signature to confirm

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those with Adrian Flux I would warn you about making claims, a lot of members on here have had problems, also, take note of their incredibly high interest prices.

It's also ok saying how much it costs you per year, but it all depends on miles, points, age, no claims, etc etc.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I paid it upfront so the intrest does not affect me. I have my MK2 16V Turbo with them as well and i must say other than the painful paperwork all good!

Hopefully i will never have to claim!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Thats a dam good quote mate, well done.

You may aswel have saved yourself the ?400 though, as the minute you have an accident the insurance won't pay out due to the alloys voiding the policy.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'm with Adrian Flux and won't be renewing with them again - like Mike said they are too keen on the paperwork and want information they don't really need (like who did the mods on what dates and what their qualifications are).

I might try Priviledge next time round now you're recommended them. As long as they are happy with mods!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You may aswel have saved yourself the ?400 though, as the minute you have an accident the insurance won't pay out due to the alloys voiding the policy.
You seriously reckon? It's not like they are giving me more speed, and if anything, they are giving me better handling and grip etc.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Makes the car much more nickable (in there eyes), besides how bigger an excuse do you think they need not to pay out????

·
Registered
2,969 Posts

You seriously reckon? It's not like they are giving me more speed, and if anything, they are giving me better handling and grip etc.
Come on. Insurance companies are looking for any deviation in your policy. They'd have you for an air freshener if it would save them paying out

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just insured mine with Privilidge last month. I thought directline were cheap.....and then Privilidge beat them by ?200!!

Still bloody expensive though ?600 for a 2.0TDi Mk5

·
Registered
495 Posts
Definitely need 4 years to use Privilege:

My vital stats [:)]: 2 year NCB (had a theft claim so lost 2 yrs), 28 year old, no points

Renewal premium with Highway Ins ?1150.00

First Alternative ?1653.60

Admiral ?806.40

Privilege ?1710.45 [:|]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brain, try egg then mate, they were also very good with me and their customer service is top notch. Let me know how you get on. Can do the quote online.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Brain, try egg then mate, they were also very good with me and their customer service is top notch. Let me know how you get on. Can do the quote online.
Egg are coming in at ?1510.95 [:'(]

At this rate, I just hope Admiral haven't made a mistake with their quote because it doesn't look like anyone is even coming close.

Cheers anyway dude

C

·
Registered
111 Posts
Direct line wanted ?2050 for my GTI, Standard now got it for ?845 with adrian flux,

I paid direct line ?1050 for a civic type-r when I only had 1 years no claims!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts