Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my Blueyonder upgrade I went to one of these test your on-line speed sites and it returned a suspicious 250 KB/s (or 2 Mbps), but this is based on a short RTT calculation, not actually downloading files like you would do normally when using the internet. So, I'm happy [:)]

When are these Telewest boys going to crank it up some more, I see UK Online is offering 22 Mbps [^o)]

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
981.7 kbps

120.3 kbites/sec.

thow i did get a call from tiscali , offering to upgrade me from ?24.99 pcm , for 1 meg unlimited.

to 2 meg unlimited , all local and national land line calls , 5% off mobile and %10 off international calls, (with an option of 20 % off mobile calls for an extra squid a month , all for ?19.99 pcm... i feal like i have got a good deal. unless you know different.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
You should all count youselves lucky - Im in London (So hardly out in the sticks) and can only get 512kbps.

How do I check to see if thats gonna change anytime soon?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Your line speed:

Kbps

K bytes/sec

Why is mine so low? Im with AOL [:(] at the mo, would simply changing ISP make any difference?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
mine comes out dif every time , prob coz im at work and theres 9 pc on the server at anyone time being a on building site office

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mine comes out dif every time , prob coz im at work and theres 9 pc on the server at anyone time being a on building site office
Disconnect everyone and run it on the server only [;)]

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
i just did mine and im at home i have 1mb broad band and got this

Your line speed:

Kbps

K bytes/sec

is that right what mine should be , aparantly theres a free upgrade soon for me

·
Registered
927 Posts
i just did mine and im at home i have 1mb broad band and got this

Your line speed:

Kbps

K bytes/sec

is that right what mine should be , aparantly theres a free upgrade soon for me
thats tip-top! def.

guessin your not with tiscali then! lol !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts