Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Did you also get your Considerably more Megabits than yow! window sticker? [:D]
[:(] You should get a speed compensation so that you can only surf at normal speeds like the rest of us.. or the should take an average of the user base on here and use that.. [:p]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
it can never be fast enough!

2meg at mo but can't wait for upgrade...

and to think i was considering changing to a BT based service a couple of months ago!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in Kingston upon Thames mate. Yes, it's just a plain text e-mail, not even one of Blueyonder's normal fancy ones with graphics.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm awaiting my 10mb upgrade on Blueyonder too... rollout is due to be complete up here in Newcastle by the end of the month.

Interesting to see today though that NTL have just bought Telewest, I wonder where this leaves Blueyonder customers? Will we see a merger over to an NTL supplied service?

NTL customer services are absolutely shocking, I have no hesistating in directing slander at such a poorly customer oriented company.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Im going to Have words with Tabs to throttle website uploads to 512,
that way you can have 155 mbit and it wont blinkin matter [/jealousy]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
lol

i'm a bit miffed at the mo. had disruption of service today for several hours. had an email explaining that it was maintenance/upgrading work and that it would only happen on one day.

however i still don't have my 10meg

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting to see today though that NTL have just bought Telewest, I wonder where this leaves Blueyonder customers? Will we see a merger over to an NTL supplied service?

NTL customer services are absolutely shocking, I have no hesistating in directing slander at such a poorly customer oriented company.
I was shocked by this as well, I heard of rumours before, but in my many years of experience, NTL has been the polar opposite of Blueyonder and it seems just ludicrous which way round the takeover went.

Let me give you one of many examples:

Mate of mine bought a house and found a live NTL broadband connection. Cool, so he phoned them up to have it upgraded. No, sir, there is no NTL there. Fine, so he continued to use it for free. Then he tried to cancel the NTL phone or something and they said there was no NTL phone there. Yes there is, I am talking to you on it...

Also lost count of the number of times I've had to help friends, family and customers go through the convoluted NTL activation procedure only to find either the account had not been activated (despite three "network engineer" visits, in the case of my cousin - which concluded with the old, "You need a new PC" advice) or was the wrong "type" of account (depending on if set-top box or stand-alone modem).

·
Registered
200 Posts
NTL aren't all bad. I've been with them for I think about 3 years now
and their service has only been flawless. I think I can only remeber
about 2 or 3 times when its gone off for some reason, and it was
resolved in a very short space of time.

Admittedly i've not had to deal with the dreaded customer service all that often though..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts