Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
OOOH NICE

I went there a while back.

It is exactly how you would imagine it to be.

But stayed on the beach all of the time.

Expensive , but nice

Sarah

·
Registered
66 Posts
You have got to go and watch a Cricket match at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown. Even if you are not a fan of cricket, there is nothing like it in the world!

Loved the drive over the east coast coastal road, past Bathsheba, some great surfing spots all along this road, great views too.

Sandy Lane beech is also worth a look, some of the best beeches are from Holetown up, all beaches are open to the public in Barbados, so might as well have a look at one of the best ;-)

Bridgetown can get very lively at nigh especially in the wrong side of town, take care.

Banks beer is not bad either, Tesco's have just started selling it over here that is, if you want to get a taste for it before you go.

Last of all make sure you give yourself at least a couple of days to recover from the "Jolly Rodger" boat trip, I lost a complete day once because of the Rum on that boat!

Last time I went we bumped into (literallly) Ryan Giggs, with his girlfriend at the time, chilling out in one of the local restaurants in Holetown, top bloke, well down to earth.

IMHO, Barbados gets better the further north you go ;-)

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys,

I'm going to hire one of those mini moke things so i can tour the island.

It cost us just short of ?1800 for two adults, two weeks all inclusive in a four star.

Dont think thats too bad a price.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Thats a cracking price! No doubt you'll have a great time!

Did you purchase the deal from local travel agent or go online if you dont mind me asking....[:$]

·
Registered
471 Posts
You have got to go and watch a Cricket match at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown. Even if you are not a fan of cricket, there is nothing like it in the world!

Loved the drive over the east coast coastal road, past Bathsheba, some great surfing spots all along this road, great views too.

Sandy Lane beech is also worth a look, some of the best beeches are from Holetown up, all beaches are open to the public in Barbados, so might as well have a look at one of the best ;-)

Bridgetown can get very lively at nigh especially in the wrong side of town, take care.

Banks beer is not bad either, Tesco's have just started selling it over here that is, if you want to get a taste for it before you go.

Last of all make sure you give yourself at least a couple of days to recover from the "Jolly Rodger" boat trip, I lost a complete day once because of the Rum on that boat!

Last time I went we bumped into (literallly) Ryan Giggs, with his girlfriend at the time, chilling out in one of the local restaurants in Holetown, top bloke, well down to earth.

IMHO, Barbados gets better the further north you go ;-)

Enjoy.
better north? the more north you go the quieter/posher the island gets.if your taking the misus i wouldnt go to any clubs, you will get a lot of hassle of the locals. if your into a cheap night out with the lads try the boat yard which is on its way to bridgetown. also if you get time go to the gap (st lawerence gap). where you staying?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Being a Bajan im a bit biased when it comes to my island [:D] I love it so much
Your gonna have a great time.
Make sure you:

• Go to Fish Fry in Oistins on Friday nights as there is a big street type party with lots of fresh caught fish barbequed, drink and music.
  • When you pick up your moke make sure you get an island tour map /guide that gives you a nice scenic route to drive around the island.
  • Visit a different beach everyday (west coast and south coast are probably the best beaches).East coat (bathsheba) is a bit choppy and more suited to surfing.
  • Try out some of the local restaurants and ones in Bridgetown. Brown Sugar Restaurant at the Aquatic Gap in Bridgetown is one of my faves or The Cliff in ST. James.
  • Jolly Roger or Harbour Master cruises are great fun too.Jolly Roger has a pirates theme and the Harbour Master is more of a relaxed cruise.Both have lots of free drink on board, food and music.
  • Nightlife is good too.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Being a Bajan im a bit biased when it comes to my island [:D] I love it so much
Your gonna have a great time.
Make sure you:

• Go to Fish Fry in Oistins on Friday nights as there is a big street type party with lots of fresh caught fish barbequed, drink and music.
  • When you pick up your moke make sure you get an island tour map /guide that gives you a nice scenic route to drive around the island.
  • Visit a different beach everyday (west coast and south coast are probably the best beaches).East coat (bathsheba) is a bit choppy and more suited to surfing.
  • Try out some of the local restaurants and ones in Bridgetown. Brown Sugar Restaurant at the Aquatic Gap in Bridgetown is one of my faves or The Cliff in ST. James.
  • Jolly Roger or Harbour Master cruises are great fun too.Jolly Roger has a pirates theme and the Harbour Master is more of a relaxed cruise.Both have lots of free drink on board, food and music.
  • Nightlife is good too.
where you from? i have family over in st michaels

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Barbados is a fantastic place been quite a few times over the years.

Pretty mucha s everyone else has said. Pay a visit to the boatyard on a friday night if it's still going (not been there for a few years), bar on the beach, you pay a fee to get in and then it's free drinks and a brilliant atmosphere.

J.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Cheers guys, I'm going to hire one of those mini moke things so i can tour the island. It cost us just short of ?1800 for two adults, two weeks all inclusive in a four star. Dont think thats too bad a price.
be careful driving out there, theres no road markings and the bus drivers are crazy. you can get round the island on mini buses and bus for about 1.50 barbados doller.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I have family in St Michael too on Springer Road.Also have family in Speightstown (the road before the bus garage) as well as in Christchurch (Sargeants Village) was hoping to get over there next month but im gonna postpone till next year now unfortunately [:(]

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have family in St Michael too on Springer Road.Also have family in Speightstown (the road before the bus garage) as well as in Christchurch (Sargeants Village) was hoping to get over there next month but im gonna postpone till next year now unfortunately [:(]
i got family in deacons road, i will be going over next year also, probably will end up at the pirates inn hotel because my grandad is ill so wont be fair going in and out all the time.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I dont follow Cricket to be honest.I used to play a bit at school but have always been into cars even as a kid.In terms of teams tho id have to say Windies having grown up with a dad who is a West Indies follower.[:D]

·
Registered
471 Posts
I dont follow Cricket to be honest.I used to play a bit at school but have always been into cars even as a kid.In terms of teams tho id have to say Windies having grown up with a dad who is a West Indies follower.[:D]
im not a cricket fan but got brought the top by family, i think west indies much better to watch then england.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts