Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?150 off ebay from blueflame and ?20 fitted at my local tyre place.

i must say, it looks and sounds fookin awesome! beautiful burble on start up, idles very quiet with a slight throb and on accleration, holy moly, it just accentuates the V5's aural pleasure! [H][8]

now just to get my fk's and strut braces fitted and the valances colour coded and i'm fit for volksfest!

get on ebay and get the bargain blueflame exhausts. so far they've been on every week and the most i've seen 'em go for is ?182. i was lucky with mine!

[:D]

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just searched for 'vw bora exhaust' mate.

there are loads of 'apex' crap and should be a blueflame one too.

it says for 1.8T and diesel but it will fit your V5. the guy wasn't sure but they are they same from the cat back so it will fit.

i'm so happy with it!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll get a photo now and see what i can do about a sound clip. anyone got anywhere i can host it?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got pic hosting (but will check theose sites out above too!), just wondering about sound bytes.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
yup at
http://www.yousendit.com/ you can host anything (pics, sounds, movies, zips etc) as long as its under 1GB in size !

Absolutly free ... just s elect the file you want to upload (no need to
fill in any other details) and wait for it to upload. When done, youll
get a long address ... just paste that here and we can all dl it :D

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Thats looking sweet. Does the V5 bora come with the tein tailpipes showing or hidden as standard? Forgive my ignornace mate! Just wondering if you/the tyre place had cut the cutout, whether you already had the cutout or whether you went for a 4motion valance?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep, ordered one from vw, ?43 inc i think. it was a right *** getting the old one off though so i think i'll get it colour coded on the car, don't fancy cracking the paint trying to hammer it back on with the palms of my hand again!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Will the Bora 1.8t exhausts fit a golf 1.8t as the bora ones on ebay always seem to go for less. the golf ones are going for around ?210 [:'(]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That looks class. I'm looking forward to seeing your car at volksfest with the coilovers fitted. I got my FK's now but won't be on by volksfest[:(]. I've fitted the upper and lower S3 braces since the last meet though.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
looks even better now, my ex's dad colour coded the valance yesterday. i'll get some pics up of that later.

the boras are longer so i don't think the exhausts would fit?

so i found out when i bought a golf 4motion valance [:$]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Man, that looks sweet and bet it sound pretty tough as well!

I bet you're well pleased with how the car's coming together [:D]

You'll have to let me have a spin in your V5, Rich!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
certainly will mate, it sounds fookin awesome! even my parents keep wanting to drive it everywhere [:D]

although, maybe thats not so good...[^o)]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts