Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

got problem with NS wisbone :( when i got coilovers fitted ive noticed that drop link bolt would not tighten up properly. the problem is that about a year ago i got both sides wishbones done at garage in Crew and guy there striped thread out in wishbone where drop link bolt goes :( i drop car back to them to get that repaired and they said that they did, had no problems till i had to take it out for coilovers change. seems like they just put some glue on bolt and tightened it slightly , when glue set offf , it held bolt in. but now i cant get it tight enough and i get banging noises whilst driving :(. any sugestions guys? could thread in wishbone could be rethreaded or i have to change wishbone?

thx

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
could run a tap through it but might have to end up buying a new wishbone but try a tape first may just be loads of crap in there then put bolt back in after to check with out the droplink if its ok could try it all back together with some thread lock?

Ian

EDIT i mean TAP not tape lol

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could run a tap through it but might have to end up buying a new wishbone but try a tape first may just be loads of crap in there then put bolt back in after to check with out the droplink if its ok could try it all back together with some thread lock?

Ian
cheers for quick reply :) ill try tape i think coz it loks like its all clean inside, bolt jsut spins around when im trying to tighten it up.

ps. what tape should i use ? sorry for noobish question :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
i think he meens a TAP for re-threading the hole not tape, i think new wishbones or get a nut the same size thread as the bolt thread bolt onto wishbone and weld the nut to the wishbone, fit droplink.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts