Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i just trying to decipher the difference as the bosch blades say 11-2005 onwards although my car was my car was registered in november i need before as they refer to production date. Just really wondered what difference was to them and previous ones.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I dont know if these are what your looking for but I'm thinkning of getting them in the near future (same problem):

function item() { [native code]...755944&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1453wt_726

It does have part numbers on.
vw dealer will be cheaper than that for wiper blades, give them a call, they are not always dearer for consumable parts.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Second that, dealer was cheaper when I replaced mine, also the small rear blade was almost impossible to find other than from a dealer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much cheaper tho?

Just bought the ebay ones for 25.95 + delivery for front and rear Bosch. Didnt think that was a bad deal??

·
Registered
282 Posts
sorry, didnt realise the rear wiper was included as well, must have been half asleep when i read it, so really i dont think that is a bad deal, just replaced my fronts for £11 each from warrington volkswagen,

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For VW that stupidly cheap. Especially as my local dealer said it would cost 400 quid to replace my rcd300. id rather have a gaping hole and playstation 3 with change than pay 400 quid for a replacement. jeez

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've found VW dealers quite competitive on routine maintenance part prices. Not the cheapest but pretty good for quality OEM parts.

Replaced all my Mk V's original wipers back in May 2006 at 56k miles for £4.53 (rear wiper I'm guessing) + £10.39 each for front driver and passenger wipers + VAT on top. Still smear and streak free nearly 5 years and 62k miles later!

I have this theory that the wipers have lasted so long on this Mk V because 1) the Auto function means the wipers wipe fewer times than in a car without the Auto function and 2) I generally only wash the car with water, i.e. no shampoo means no smearing of the glass.

Stuart
http://www.stuartdalby.co.uk/vwgolfmk5

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mine are the original wipers and have lasted effectively 5 years and 55k. So these new aero wipers are a lot more durable than the old style wipers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts