Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well so much for the wax..... [:O]

Posted Image

Picture taken on my sony ericsson k750i phone

GT 130

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Funny how your dealer sticker is also not dead centre. Mine's off to the right, too, but at least yours isn't bubbled and peeling [:'(]

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there ya' go! Id never even noticed that before.

GT 1 (dirty) 30

·
Registered
570 Posts
The dealer sticker only lasted 5 minutes in my car once I bought her. I simple stopped in a side road and removed it straight away as I hate the free advertising it gives them.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealer sticker only lasted 5 minutes in my car once I bought her. I simple stopped in a side road and removed it straight away as I hate the free advertising it gives them.
Yeah i know what you mean but it reminds me of the "motherland" haha (from bonny scotland, both me and the car)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
yeh i pulled mine off on the service station(the sticker) . I HATE STICKERS!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have a mate that demanded he got new registration plates and had all the stickers taken off or he wanted paying for advertising. Needless to say he got the new plates without the garage logo and all stickers were removed.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The garage/dealer info on the bottom of the number plate is a legal requirement as are a few other marks. See DVLA website.

You can get stopped for it believe it or not.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
The garage/dealer info on the bottom of the number plate is a legal requirement as are a few other marks. See DVLA website.

Interesting - the page you're talking about is clicky here last section right at the bottom.

It states it's a British Standard but DOESNT state that it's the law as part of that section. Now, I know they've tightened up who can produce number plates, etc, but that was only fairly recently - therefore, who had to supply a proper BS plate before?? Probably loads of people who don't... Does that make sense??

C

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
The garage/dealer info on the bottom of the
number plate is a legal requirement as are a few other
marks. See DVLA website.

Cods wallop all that is required is the postcode of the plate
manufacture/constructor, and you cannot get stopped for it as it has
only been a legal requirement for 2/3 years, and plates that are older
than that were not required to be remade with a constructors details.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Cods wallop all that is required is the postcode of the plate manufacture/constructor, and you cannot get stopped for it as it has only been a legal requirement for 2/3 years, and plates that are older than that were not required to be remade with a constructors details.
mate i aint gonna lie to ya, i dont realy give one - coz mine is right. thats all i care about.

I was only sayin what i was told by my cousin (traffic cop for 10 years) when i wanted to get new plates recently. I asked first as she knows best. You lot can do what you please as far as im concerned.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyway enough about that, anyone else given up trying to keep the car mint clean in this weather?!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Yes mate - it got several protective layers in the autumn, and it's onto a proper wash every 2-3 weeks, and frequent jet washes in between. Can't even drive up the road (house in a nice quiet village with lots of fields) without getting the arse filthy on the mk5 [:(]

Hopefully before Christmas we'll get one of those proper light (sunny I guess) but cool and bearable days where it can have a full works thrown at it [:)]

C

1 - 17 of 17 Posts