Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i walked out of work yesterday evening and looked at my car and noticed some pikey had stolen the glass out of my drivers side wing mirror!!

i work in Bluewater shopping centre and i didnt expect to have something stolen from my car there?! the rest of my car was fine.

has anyone else experienced this? there doesn't appear to be any damage, but does anyone know if there could be?

so i will be off to a scrappy soonish!

best regards,

zach.

·
Registered
894 Posts
If they have disconnected the two electrical leads with spade clips ends before removing the glass from the housing then it should be straightforward to replace the glass.

Trouble is they might have just yanked the glass out.

Not good though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im hopefully gonna find some r32 stubby wing mirrors from a vw scrappy near me and replace both of the wing mirrors now!

as my other wing mirror has a some scratches and slight crack in the casing anyway from when i bought the car.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Seems to be a lot of these popping up on ebay lately[:^)] and people are paying up to ?20 for them. Would make a nice little earner for some pikey as they are fairly easy to remove without damaging them.

If you need a replacement,try GSF as they sell them for ?21 which is a lot cheaper than a stealer!

GOOF

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I've heard it all now - mirror glass... Jesus [:cool:]

If it's been "stolen to order" you shouldn't find any damage - a quick trip to the scrappy as you say should sort you out [y]

As for not expecting stuff to get nicked at Bluewater, what on earth gave you that daft idea?? It's one of Europe's biggest shopping centres which means it'll attract everything, good and bad!!!

C

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for dragging up an old topic but just had mine stolen. Went to VW and they said they're selling loads as people are going round supermarket car parks nicking them!!!!

What a sad state of affairs.[:(]

T

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Sorry for dragging up an old topic but just had mine stolen. Went to VW and they said they're selling loads as people are going round supermarket car parks nicking them!!!!

What a sad state of affairs.[:(]

Not glass but both my Aero's went in a multi story! - and it was raining! They are so easy to get off - takes 1 sec easy!

T

·
NooNoo
9,474 Posts
My drivers side was stolen a couple of years back, ?37.84 from the stealers. I still have the screwdriver mark [:(]

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
i walked out of work yesterday evening and looked at my car and noticed some pikey had stolen the glass out of my drivers side wing mirror!!

i work in Bluewater shopping centre and i didnt expect to have something stolen from my car there?! the rest of my car was fine.

has anyone else experienced this? there doesn't appear to be any damage, but does anyone know if there could be?

so i will be off to a scrappy soonish!

best regards,

zach.
Sorry to hear that mate - what will these chav's steal next!?!?

Bluewater is a well know high-risk spot for parking though - ya might wanna get an alarm with prox sensors? (I'm a member of the Ford RSOC and several really decent cars have been taken from there with no CCTV to be found - general feeling on their forum is that some of the security staff are in on the thefts). Might wanna find somewhere else to park too?

Wigster.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts