Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else on here had problems with there windows ? when closing the drivers door window 99% of the time it gets to the top and then bounces back down. You then have to hold your finger on the button (loses one shot up/down) until it closes. I know its only a niggly fault but its starting to drive me up the wall. God knows what it would be like if there were more serious problems ! If it keeps having to go to the dealer I will be giving serious consideration to getting one of these.....

http://www.thurlby.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=99

Apparently its on 5th Gear tonight and is quicker than the Astra VXR. Please no comments on build quality or its an Astra, because from what i'm experiencing it cannot be worse than the Golf (which I do like)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its only just started to do this, i'm wondering if its due to the warmer weather. If the door or something was expanding causing the motor to think there was an obstruction and bounce back to the safe position.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Already posted - See this clicky

This is an intermittent nightmare, and there has apparently been a bulletin. Ito nly said there was an issue, and there was no fix at the time of publish (see when I posted the above thread).

Funnily enough though I'm nipping into the dealers later about a couple of things, and they were supposed to ring me about this... I'll see if I can find out anything.

C

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got the folding mirrors but to be honest they are a waste of time and I don't use them. Keep us upto date on how you get on.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Sorry Steve, linked COMPLETELY the wrong thread there [:$]

There's another one about the windows (might even be my warranty tweaks thread), I'll have another look a bit later!!

RE: Windows - they're threatening to just take the motors out and replace them, but it was a bit hazy with the guy I was dealing with earlier (bloke I normally go through was busy [:(])... No real news sadly [:|]

C

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Oh and D/Burner - that "software upgrade" is probably dealer bullcrap where they just plug it into the computer and reset all the sensors and what not for the windows environment [;)]

They've done mine twice and no joy...

C

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Oh and D/Burner - that "software upgrade" is probably dealer bullcrap where they just plug it into the computer and reset all the sensors and what not for the windows environment [;)]

They've done mine twice and no joy...

C
Thanks for clearing that one up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My drivers side window has done this since I bought the car.  I took it into the dealers as both side started to do it and they wrecked my interior door cards when they removed them to "fix" the problem by greasing the window motors.  I ended up getting both cards replaced and the drivers side windows still does it but now i randomly get grease on the inside of the window.  ?18K car?  You probably get better quality with a fiesta.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If it keeps having to go to the dealer I will be giving serious consideration to getting one of these.....

http://www.thurlby.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=89&Itemid=99

Apparently its on 5th Gear tonight and is quicker than the Astra VXR. Please no comments on build quality or its an Astra, because from what i'm experiencing it cannot be worse than the Golf (which I do like)
I think i'm in love! Seriously, I know people allways knock Vauxhall's but the 888 Diesel Astra is something else. Could you live with the stigma that's attacthed to it though?

·
Registered
337 Posts
A guy I used to work with had a TT that did this, and I think the stealers adjusted the sensitivity that decides if something is blocking the windows, he did have to get it done a few times though I think before it was ok. I will send him a text to see if they did anything else, the problem you are all seeing may be the same.

Chris

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think adjusting the sensitivity should fix the problem, as for the Astra, as far as i'm concerned there is no stigma, if you watched 5th last night you will know its almost as quick as a VXR, 1 car length behind on a 1/4 mile test and 2 car lengths in front from a rolling start.

I've now got a whistle behind the dash when I have the sunroof open.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Passenger side is now playing up .... and it took me 4 attempts to get the driver side window closed agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [:D]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
That's interesting... Several attempts??

On a double click, the windows rise, do whatever, and drop down again.

You can't then double click.

So are you saying that even on a single click and holding the button (or double - does the same in the end as the second click has no effect now) the windows STLIL refuse to rise??

Cos that's not the common problem!

C

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No, they do actually go up its just that everytime they get to the top they bounce back down. I cannot get them to stay up if you use the "one" touch method. If you hold your finger on the switch so effectivly you have manual control they they go up and stay up (if that makes sense) but I cannot always get it in the manual mode ! poxy car

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Oooh that's different - don't know anyone who has problems with manual mode... Just on full-click [:-S]

Spoken to your dealer yet??

C

1 - 20 of 29 Posts