Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help me?? Ive just had my windows tinted and there are swirl marks all over it is this normal will they dissapear when i clean them cus ive just had them done today so i dont know

anyone shed any light on this

cheers

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The thought of getting a bad job done or the end product looking too much is the only this stopping me from tinting my windows, as much as I would like to I just cant bring myself to do it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sukh It can take up to 2 weeks for them to dry properly you might find that the marks go after a while they do us quite a bit of lubricante to put them on.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by LiQuOrIcE on 02/09/2004 22:57:08

Bunch of wimps!!!

Just bite the bullet and get them done!!

[:D] Im just afraid it will look cack, I need to see a Silver Golf in person to decide. I would also only like a very light tint.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Gary / Loflux you should ahve a look at mine they are perfect and its a fella in liverpool who does it, he has done it most of his life as he started of as a commercial window tinter doing offices and in the last 5 years moved on to cars, he has contracts with corkills VW in liverpool, car planet warrington and lookers Honda Warrington. Have a gander http://www.tintwizard.co.uk/ .

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I'm definitely thinking of getting it done aswell, but i need a couple of questions answering first if possible.. What are the differences between getting a professional company to do it for a couple of hundred pounds or buying one of these laser cut kits that are cut to the exact models specification for about fifty pounds? Is there really that much difference in it?? And/or are both techniques totally different?

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i paid a chap ?160 cash for mine and its perfect!!

Thick american stuff that all the good tinters use, not what you will get in Halfords.

Havnt seen these laser cut kits though, but tinting is an art and wouldnt try it myself (again)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sukh, the tints should not be like that at all. I have a contact who does it and charges 230 squid for a 5 door Golf. I had mine done at 50% and the tint look perfect. My local VW/ Audi Garage use this same company and quoted me 500 squid to get it done. Little did they know i know the guy anyway. Fellas, any of you thinking of getting it done, DO IT. If you wish to meet, you can see my Tints. Me and Raj met the other week and he is getting his done today, so you can hear his opinion also! Look here: http://www.signandtint.co.uk/

·
Registered
184 Posts
As Kam said, I had mine done by the same guy Kam recommended. He had to take off 35% film first as I had this done originally and it was a crap job. I now have 50% and the job is good and the tints look great now. I personally think 35% is too dark especially with Black interior but 50% looks the dogs....... added bonus is the extra protection (smash/grab).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts