Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im very interested in getting my windows tinted professionally. I live on the essex/suffolk border, any one had any good installs done recently and want to promote any really good places to get it done??

Thanks

GT 130

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hello Mate

Auto inovations are the only tinter in the area that i know of, They are on alexandra road near delphi, Let me know if you want there phone number.

Phil

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chris is a mate of mine, i really wanted them done proffesionally if you know what i mean.......[;)]

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ahh

Take it from that i should'nt take my car to be done there then. When i spoke to him on the phone he qouted me ?200, so thought it must be a desent job for that money.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a quote from Sol-Ace in Buckinghamshire (top notch company!!) and they want ?340-380 so ?200 aint that bad - but saw some of the "auto innovations" work on a beemer in fleetway the other day and lets just say the windows on my first car which i tinted myself (first ever attempt) were as good!! id say my old cars rear window was way better infact.

You coming on saturday? my suffolk meet.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I know he does all the tints for nemisis (Jap tunning company) so thought he must me fairly good, i will have to check out a car thats been done before i commit to anything then.

As for the meet if its this saturday i wont be able to make it, ive got me little boy this weekend and dont think he would be to impressed if i dragged him along. Sorry Bud[:(]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Contact tinter on this forum as he does an excellent job for around ?100-?130. It sounds dodgy but there are many folks on here that im sure will reccomend his services. He will come down to the south if you can arrange 2/3 cars to be done on the same day.

Cage was arranging group tinting meets but does'nt seem to be on here much ATM. Have a look for the thread I think in the group buy section.

Edit, here:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/11/176548/ShowPost.aspx#176548

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick question:- Does he Bodge it on, or does he actually do it properly and take the windows out of the car and stick the edges down over the lip of the glass??? You see if you want a propper job done, you cant take shortcuts! Well not moving glass anyway, the rear quarterlights and the rear window can be done ok in the car. Ive applied cars before so really want it done professionallly. Otherwise I could fit them myself for a average to good finish - i want a spot on finish. Prob gonna get it done in bucks for ?340ish by Sol-Ace. Top company.

just wondered chap.[:)]

GT 130

·
Registered
658 Posts
He does it properly. Not bein funny but why would you pay ?340? That seems damn expensive if you ask me. Thats about ?80 more than the most expensice place I have ever found! Contact any of the guys that have had their windows done by tinter, im sure they will vouch for his work and save you a stack of money in the process. They can confirm the prcedure he uses as well.

Just tryin to help you out mate [;)]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
He does it properly. Not bein funny but why would you pay ?340? That seems damn expensive if you ask me. Thats about ?80 more than the most expensice place I have ever found! Contact any of the guys that have had their windows done by tinter, im sure they will vouch for his work and save you a stack of money in the process. They can confirm the prcedure he uses as well.

Just tryin to help you out mate [;)]
Ditto what Tim said.. I have seen adi's car (adinuffvalves) on here and it looks like an OEM job to me.. top notch stuff. If only liam would get down this end ofthe country to do a southern tinting session !

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Have you guys had it done yet? If not then, please include me too (making 5). I live in West London.

~ Maxie
Tim GTI has managed to contact tinter. He is keen to a session down here soon. We have at least five possibles. Myself, Tim, maxGTI, JohnW(or friends of his I think) so maybe 5 or 6 cars all in ? Hopefully more ! [:D]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts