Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - just spoke to Liam (the guy who's done a lot of window tinting on this forum). He's prepared to come down to the West London area providing I get a minimum of 4 people. I am going ahead on these conditions. It's been posted somewhere his rates are ?100 for a 3dr Mk4 Golf. I'll try and find out what rates are for a MkV. Does anyone want to join me? If so, pls send me an email ([email protected]) including your phone number and I shall call you individually to arrange times and places. Most likely to be a Saturday or Sunday as I guess that will suit most people. Dates I have in mind are: 1st/2nd Oct or 8th/9th Oct (of course these have to be agreed by Liam first). Many thanks.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone........? Did everyone on this forum who expressed an interest previously, get theirs done recently? [:^)]

~ Maxie

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Anyone........? Did everyone on this forum who expressed an interest previously, get theirs done recently? [:^)]

~ Maxie
Hmmmmmmm....I think that I'll keep my car with the standard tinted windows - don't want to look like a tart and a boy racer and attract the attention of the law!!!

[:^)]

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"don't want to look like a tart and a boy racer "

Gosh.......I do hope you haven't insulted your fellow posters here, some of whom have already had their windows tinted. As for me, I am doing it for some respite from the sun as it can get terribly hot in the summer down here in London. That, and also some much needed privacy as one is stacked up car to car during the jams we have frequently, the tinting comes into its own. Also I think if you tint 50% or above, you won't attract much attention from anyone.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
cool !  prob gonna be up at the gf's sisters in west london this weekend so can anyone confirm that it'll happen this weekend ?  I'll drive up if it is DEF gonna happen.. if not, we'll be goin up in the gf's ka !

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm waiting for the place im using in Lanc's to confirm they will do all 5 windows on my 3 door MkV for ?150 I'm going for 20% tint on the fronts and 40% tint on the rear and back windows.

Chris

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys - sorry for the silence. Just can't seem to find an appropriate place to fit now even though we have the numbers required for Liam to come down. Any ideas at all? I guess anyone with a double garage could offer and the ones who are going to have their windows done agree to help the owner clean it before we get our cars in there. Any other suggestions?

~ Maxie

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've got a double garage at home, in Gants Hill. Just off A406/A12 with easy access to M11 and M25. I want to get my .:R done also.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's cool. Would you be willing to let us use it to have our windows done? Dates I have in mind are now 22nd/23rd Oct or 29th/30th Oct. Would any of these be convenient for you? I'll also check with Liam following your confirmation. Many thanks.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
907 Posts
Sure, I'll be willing to let you guys have your tints done here. 22nd/23rd sound good...22nd sounds better.

I've nearly commuted 4k miles in my MK5 GTI to Ashford since September. I've thanfully just got a place there for to stay when I need to be there and furnish it this weekend. Regardless I'll still be based here (well will at least travel back every Friday night).

So generally any weekend is good.

LOL! Even this Sunday is good :p

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Sure, I'll be willing to let you guys have your tints done here. 22nd/23rd sound good...22nd sounds better.

I've nearly commuted 4k miles in my MK5 GTI to Ashford since September. I've thanfully just got a place there for weekend and furnish it this weekend. Regardless I'll still be based here (well will travel back every Friday night).

So generally any weekend is good.

LOL! Even this Sunday is good :p
Fantastic.. we are seeing friends around london that weekend, so if I drive, it'll kill two birds with one stone 'n all that jazz. And cheers for your kind offer to let us use your garage, flyfs6.. (don't know your real name, sorry mate ! - Think you were at a london meet in february though ?!?!)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Yeah.. is this a goer or not for this weekend ? If so, where and at what time ? Think flyfs6 said his place but can you pm or mail us your address so we know where to go ! Have tomtom, so an address and postcode please [:)]

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok Flyfs6, please could you fire me a quick email with your address details and contact tel no. to [email protected] and everyone else too who wants something to happen this wk end (22nd, 23rd Oct). I'll call Liam t'row and get the ball rolling. Need a minimum of 4 people I suppose for him to make it worthwhile. Also please let me know:

1. What cars you are intending to tint
  2. Whether they are 3, 4 or 5 door
  3. Also let me know what %age tints you are after so Liam can bring down the correct shades.
  4. Your tel nos so I can gather the numbers.

If any of us live close by to one another then maybe we can meet on the way and make it to Flyfs6's house at the same time. Cheers!

~ Maxie

1 - 20 of 32 Posts