Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ive come to fix my passenger window and found that the plastic clip to hold the window support is broken! Has anyone got this clip at all that i can have? I live in the hinckley area and im willing to come and get it if its local as my cars left in a carpark for work tomorow! Thanks for any replies

Liam

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi chris i followed that same 'how to' you gave me last time, ive just got round to doing it today and found the clip broken! I couldnt undo the lock mechanism tho! So the metal plate dangled there lol any idea where i can get them from, im guessing ebay! Are they easy enough to fit?

Liam

·
Registered
538 Posts
u have to take the hole door plate of to remove the plastic clips, and then undo the 10mm bolt on the metal clip to remove the window, refit withe the plastics and the metal cli[p on the plate then lower the window into the metal clips through the holes in the plate, then nip the bolts up carefully.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its the plastic clip thats attached to the metal wires which holds the metal window clamp if you get what i mean lol

Liam

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yh its the white plastic clips that are broke! Well annoying thoight it was going to be a quick fix but obviously not lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well ive stripped the whole door again stuck some wood in to keep the window up, ive ordered the new regulator with metal clips just got to wait for it to turn up, then hopefully it will all work again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts