84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my window clips broke today, managed to get the window back up
though.Can anyone tell me how much itis for the repair kit and where
from? Thanx in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
There is a fitting guide on vwvortex.com or if your car is less than 6 years old your dealer will do it under warranty.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a drivers side kit that wasnt needed as my clips were just loose (for a 5 door) if anyone is interested.

and the guide on vortex is very good.

·
Registered
248 Posts
There is a fitting guide on vwvortex.com or if your car is less than 6 years old your dealer will do it under warranty.
Had both my fronts done in the last two months FOC. As Dsgwagen states, its free if the car is less than 6 years old.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Had both my fronts done in the last two months FOC. As Dsgwagen states, its free if the car is less than 6 years old.
6 years and 90,000 miles and they will repair for free !!! i had mine done

Jay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Peeps,

Soz to hi-jack post but in the past 12 months I've had both mine done - 1 by a main stealer and the other by a local garage. My car is 5 years old and done 72,000 miles.

If I contact VW direct am I likely to have the payments refunded? Maybe at least for the payment to the main stealer?

Phil

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Mine have gone too,does anyone know how easy they are to fit? i'm guessing they would be quite difficult?
They're not that bad really. It is a two man job i'd say to get the window in while it's manouvered into position into the clips. Just a bit fiddly to get the new clips onto the wire etc.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fitted the repair kit today. Easier than i thought it would be, only
took about an hour. Phoned one 'stealer' and they told quoted me
£65+vat, phoned my usaual vw garage and it was £28+vat

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats what the guy said on the phone, but what does that consist of?
With the repair kit I got all the wires and clips = the cog piece for
the motor.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine broke just after I left home for Edition 38 the other week had to turn back as the glass had fallen into the door, I bought the repair kit in the week and have now installed it all on the internal door panel but just haven't got around to puting it all back together, currently the glass in my door is being held up with bits of wood, but I'm not using the car at the mo so I'm not bothered.

How difficult is it to get it all back together on your own?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
6 years and 90,000 miles and they will repair for free !!! i had mine done

Jay
is this right at 90k miles? as my car is 2000 W reg so is over 6 years but only 46kmiles on clock

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I'm also intrigued by this[*-)] as my passenger side window is very slow.

Do VW replace the clips both sides? And does your car have to have a VW warranty for this work to be done?

If i can get this work done for free then Whey-hehh!! as i am dredding the day when my window drops out.[:p]

GOOF

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If you find out you can get them done free....i would swing off your working window just to get that one up to date too. Got to take advantage [;)]

Im going to check my clips out and sob.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
one of my rear windows made a huge crack noise when was being used, glass went up ok and the window hasnt been used every since. this was in june/july somtime so if vw would replace mine then also wahey!

i might give vw a call

·
Registered
12 Posts
my driver side window fell so i got the clips so i changed it but found out the cable been chewed up and not sure what to do should i buy the full kit think it was 70 pounds but not sure whats in the kit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts